Simon Says Challenge - They are celebrating their 4th Birthday this week, way to go!!
Stampotique SDC94 - Their challenge this week is "Flowers", woot!
613 Avenue Create - Their challenge is "Spring Fever", YAY!
With all that in mind I chose one of these Ranger Jumbo tags to work with, the one on the left.
If you want to see how these tags were made with Distress Paints and my Gelli Plate you can go HERE to find out how I did them.
Since this gelli plate print was made with Tim Holtz new distress paints I decided to do my entire tag in Distress Paint.
I started by stamping this huge flower and stem (from Steampendous) with black Adirondak ink, I wanted to make sure if I paint these the ink would not run.
I decided to use my 3 In a Round stamp from Stampotique by Daniel Torrent and Jill Penney for the center of my flowers so I stamped those on the same paper in black also.
I used all these colors of Distress Paints for this project.
For the base of my tag I used Spun Sugar and a stencil that was the same shape as my flower to go around and build a sort of "mask".. (this Stampendous set comes with the mask and the stencil for this flower)
I dabbed some of my paint onto my craft sheet and used a paint brush to paint everything. For the Flower, I brushed from the center of the flower out in a stroke kind of motion. This gave the flower a little depth. I DID NOT use water with my paint. I wanted as vivid of color as possible so I only used the paint without spritzing with water.
I did the same thing with the center of the flower here. You wont see all if this center once the guys are in place but you can see what I did here.
I then fussy cut my flower out. I also painted my 3 In A Round guys with the paints in various colors and with them I used my paints and water mixture. I wanted my guys to be less vivid and ore opaque so I added water to my paint and used a paintbrush to paint them. I also added small dots around them to act as the center of the flower.
I painted the stem and this time I used mowed lawn first (with water added) and then went over the stems vein lines with Peeled Paint (without water added) in order for the stem to be more life-like.
Adding the Peeled Paint gave the stem more life and depth
I also used this moth from a Michael's stamp set and painted it as well. I used Seedless Preserves (with water) and Chipped Sapphire (without Water) it's tough to tell the difference but the Sapphire is a little darker in tone than the Seedless Preserves. I also added Glossy accents to the Sapphire parts of the wings (not pictured)
I wanted a ribbon for the top of my tag and I really wanted it to match so I used some fabric ribbon and the Distress Paint.(again in the colors Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire)
I just dabbed some of both colors onto my craft sheet and spritzed with water and ran my ribbon through it. Heat set it and BOOM, I've got a great ribbon to match my tag.
Once everything was colored, I basically fussy cut everything out and adhered it all to the tag with glue.
I wrote the words onto white cardstock and edged them with black marker.
This was a fun tag to make, it's big and it's bold and along with those fun Stampotique characters it makes for a great Birthday card. It's a card but not a card haha!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial, it's so simple to paint with the distress paints and there are so many ways to use them, the possibilities are endless.
If you haven't already entered my give-a-way make sure to check it out HERE and enter. The Deadline to enter is April 14th.