Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

MORE FROM MY ART JOURNAL

I have steadily been working on my art journal and have been going to the class by Karen Bearse. It's been a ton of fun and I'm really loving all the techniques she is teaching us. It's a great time with my daughter too. We are going to bind our journals once we have enough pages to make them full so they aren't bound yet but I want to show you what I have so far. Fun fun.....
This page was done with Tim Holtz  Distress Stains Backgrounds, I added gesso behind the stain on this page it gave it a muted aged look, kinda cool

Karen always brings us fun things to work on and at this class she brought mailing envelopes, this was a fun canvas to work with. :)

This was another of the pages with distress stains, on this one I didn't use the gesso

This page was done at the Tattered Angels Glimmer mist class, but I used Tim Holtz distress stains as the background and then used the glimmer mists and a mask to do the texture, it came out  really neat I think. It's not finished yet I need to add some more but it's a start.

This is one of my favorite pages. I used a stamp from Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490, the eyes in the upper left corner of this page and then cut a picture of my daughter and pastedher eye of the right eye and colored the green in my daughter's eyes brighter, it came out so cool . The quote says " It's never too late to find out who you want to be"... The background is also distress stains and then I used paint and all kinds of stuff here.

this is a page I just finished today, the background is glimmer mists and water, and I used a flower to mask the page while I sprayed so I had the big white flower spot in that lower left corner. I used a silver stayz on stamp pad to do some words in the background and then some blue also. I stamped the winged girl on a napkin and pasted her on. The other flowers are just paper flowers and I wrote some of my life morals on the outside edge of that white flower. :)

This is also a glimmer mist background, the big sunflowers are a napkin that I tore up (also a wonderful thing that Karen brought for us) Those little circles are little pieces of wood cut up and the girl is one of those wonderful Dyan Reavly stamps.




This page was from one of the first classes we did using gelatos. Those are much fun. With gelatos and water you can do so much and your backgrounds come out so pretty a vivid.

This was one of the halloween pages I did, it was around halloween so I was in the mood for spooky. Of course Karen brought that great cat cut out of cardboard and I just had to use my distress stains on it and add it to my page. lol... The spider web was just black paper, run through the cuttlebug and sprayed with glimmer mists, soo cool

 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful Claudine
    brought a big smile to my face
    Lillian
    http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lillian- wonderful! Great colors and images. Love the stamps and stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pages you have done!!! Glad you are enjoying the class.

    ReplyDelete