Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Playing With Tim's Holtz Paints & my Gelli Plate


So you know how you just stumble upon things sometimes? Well, that is sort of what happen to me today. I finally got the chance to play with my new Gelli Plate and I had a great time.
Well, everyone seems to use regular acrylic paint on theirs (well I've seen some use sprays too) but I started thinking... hmmm... what if I tried Tim's new distress paint with it?? (this could be a lightbulb moment LOL
Since these are paint dabbers, I went ahead and shook them up and unscrewed the top and just poured a little here and there on my Gelli Plate. I used Barn Door, Chipped Saphire and Mustard Seed (the only few that I have haha!)  Sorry the picture is a little dark, I was rushing.




So this is the really cool part. I started to spread it with my brayer and it magically just moves on its own. It's so neat and makes this really cool effect, all on it's own. 
You really need to work fast and press paper or something into it at this point if you want how it looks in the first picture here...


The second picture here is what it looks like after a few seconds of sitting on the plate. HOW COOL!! I really like how it just moves on it's own. 

So then, I pressed a piece of white card stock onto the plate and brayered it into the paint. Here is what it looked like...
I really am loving the background that I got.


I had some leftover paint, which didn't seem like much.


I pressed a tag into the plate to soak up the rest of the leftover paint and this is what the tag looked like. WOW, look at how much color was still left here. 


I love this too. Both backgrounds came out really neat looking. I can add stenciling or whatever on top to make a layered look.

So, you know me right? I had to do something for the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show - The theme this week is "Ever After".. you are to do something Fairy Tale inspired. 
I decided to use the first background I made and make a card. I used my digi stamp from the  The Octopode Factory and colored her with Tim's distress markers. I also used a cut out heart from Tim's movers and shapers Valentine set to cut out the heart. I used a stencil and some Black Soot distress ink to make the brick wall in the upper corner.
One reason I really love the distress paint, well really my favorite part about this paint is that when it's dry it is permanent. So when I wrote over it with the white gel pen, my white stayed white and didn't bleed into the paint color under it. I used my white gel pen to color around each of the bricks so they would stand out. Lastly, I wrote the words "Some Day My Prince Will Come" from Cinderella :)



Look at how beautiful those paints are and how they just pop off my background here. I cannot say enough about them. 
If I weren't on a budget I would get many, many more. haha!! Eventually, right?
Since I'm using them on my gelli plate I need them in larger bottles.... (ehhemm hint, hint Tim lol)

Note: I have no idea why my font keeps getting larger and then smaller, sorry about that. 





17 comments:

  1. this is fab claudine..love your little octopode abd the paints are great. I am awaiting mine in the mail...love your art.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, and I love the explanation of how you used the Gelli plate, it looks like you had a lot of fun! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the new Tim paint tips! Looks really cool. Cannot wait to get my hands on some....not readily available around here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this! I have been seeing more and more of the Gelli plate stuff and I think I may just have to have one of those! :) I love your background! Your digi stamp of your Octopode girl is really nicely colored and the sentiment you've used with your piece is perfect! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card!!! Those TH paints are so vibrant, and the effect you get with them is amazing....love it! thanks for the tutorial pictures :) Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great... love my Gelli! Your prints are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - I was wondering how the paints would work just last night as I was playing with my Gelli Plate. They look so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazing that looks. i was wondering how tim's paints would work when i was using my Gelli plate last night but was afraid to try. Now i see i can get an amazing look! thanks Claudine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claudine - you are a saviour! I have been given a gelli plate and was wondering if the Distress Paints would be OK to use on it. I CAN! Wow - can't wait to try these for myself. Love your work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so cool Claudine! Now I want me some distress paints!! Was wondering if you got out your gelli plate yet so I stopped by your blog to find out :) Good luck on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun I have never used a gelli plate neat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fun! I so have to get my Gelli plate out! Aren't those paints fun? These image is crazy! Great sentiment...hilarious! Thanks for showing us your magic at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well now I need to go get one of those plates :) you have inspired me. Wonderful technique and

    ReplyDelete
  14. likey likey likey - I have a gelli plate coming in the mail in the next day or two.... Now I just need to get my hands on some of Tim's new paints....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Iam going to habve to buy a stamp a month to get them all i love the monster , and the little girl with the blonda hair and of course the little boy I sent you I love them all and your ATC is Beautiful I love the colors is that on a piece of glass or gille plate and what kind of pain , ink are you useing when I do it it dont walk on the plate like yours did....help OK.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute, can't wait to try my distress paints on my gelli plate! Great idea

    ReplyDelete