Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Capture Life's Moments Fall Canvas


Hello Bloggies!
Over at the new Simon Says Stamp Blog they have challenged us to Stamp on Something Besides Plain Paper.
It's easy to stamp on plain paper but they are challenging us to stamp on something different this week. 
I actually love this challenge, it really took me outside my comfort zone. 
I decided I really wanted to do a Tim Holtz canvas that I had bought awhile back and just never used. (this happens a lot)


I also decided to use my Wendy Vecchi white modeling paste and a honey comb stencil. For the upper left hand corner and the lower right hand corner I simple tore up a paper plate and glued it onto my canvas. I figured, what the heck! haha! I set it all aside to dry.


After all was nice and dry I used a text stamp and archival ink to stamp here and there onto the paper plate and canvas portions, I wanted this to dry thoroughly so I set it aside for a bit.


I wanted to do a fall themed canvas so I stamped a Tim Holtz blueprint leaf stamp onto watercolor paper and colored it using distress markers and my water brush. 



I then simple tore the edges around my leaf and edged them with distress ink.

Next I used my Ranger Adirondak color wash sprays in various colors and, without using water, sprayed them directly onto my canvas. 


They came out beautiful



Once that was dry I edged my canvas with black soot distress ink, this gives it a more finished look and brings your eye in

I also added a bit of shimmer with various colors of perfect pearls.

You can kind of see the nice shimmer that the perfect pearls gives the stencil and paper plate.




Lastly, I added a word plate that I colored a bit with gold paint dabber. 




Then when you put it all together, this is what you get....


Almost forgot... what would a project be without a butterfly? I added one in the upper lefthand corner.







Thanks again for stopping by, may your heart always be full and your cup runneth over. :)



22 comments:

  1. Claudine your canvas turned out beautiful! Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS canvas! Love all the texture and beautiful colors! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your canvas, Claudine!!
    The colours and composition, along with the texture are striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! I love everything about it. You are on a roll! Kuddos!!!
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Canvas. I love everything about it but those colors are just wonderful. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sparkle on the honeycombs - you are on a creative roll - keep up the spectacular work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool canvas and a great leaf stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Fall canvas! Love the colors and texture on the burlap! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most beautiful! Love the fall theme, and your embossing and inking are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great canvas, Claudine! Love how you used the embossing paste, the colors are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, not sure if the comment went thru..lol...love how you used the embossing paste Claudine! The colors are yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love yoir canvas ,very beautiful work! barbararayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your canvas! very beautiful work! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome textures and colours! Your canvas looks terrific! Congrats on being spotlighted at SSS! So earned!

    Hugs,
    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fabulous! Love your canvas, Claudine. Wonderful texture and gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your selection to our designer spotlight. Your artwork for this theme was so inspiring! Beautiful work! Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creation! Love the great step by step photos. Congrats on being on the spotlight at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! This is fabulous. Love the perfect pearls idea. Gorgeous. I am really enjoying fall arts and crafts right now. Looks like you are too. Incredible canvas! Congrats on your spotlight at SSS Monday Challenge. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete