Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

12 Tags of 2013 March

I am usually better about getting my 12 tags done before mid month but this month I'm a little bit behind. At any rate, I sat down today and finished it. YAY!
Here is the link to Tim's creation 12 Tags of 2013




Tim did this wonderful bunny tag using tinsel, alcohol inks, distress paint and all sort of goodness. 
I followed along pretty closely but since I'm doing the smaller ATC sized for my graphic 45 display I had to "tweak" a few things. 
So short story here...... I went to one of my favorite craft stores yesterday called "The Queen's Ink", I know a lot of you have heard of it. It's an amazing store in Savage Maryland. While I was there I was looking for the Bunny (Easter Elements) movers and shapers die and also the grass (tapered fringe) Die. She (The Queen Herself) was out of stock of both of them so she offered (how sweet she is) to give me one that was already cut. She is too kind and I accepted her offer, I really wanted to finish my creation for the month. If your ever near her store, make sure to stop by, it's amazing!!
Since I had my bunny and grass I decided to cut the frame out of a cool piece of vintage looking pink paper. I really liked this paper and then I simply took the die cut that I got at The Queen's Ink and drew it out and excato knifed it in order to make my bunny window. 

(Sorry I didn't take many pics this time, totally forgot)

For the grass I had to cut mine down a bit because I didn't have enough room for the full length of the grass. I also edged it with Walnut Stain distress ink. 



I also used alcohol inks in Juniper and Ginger to color my tinsel. 

For the paint part, I combined the colors Antique Linen,  picked raspberry and Vintage Photo in order to make the exact color that I needed to match my paper.

It worked out great, the color matched to the T. I used that color to paint a petal of my flower.


These are the other paint colors that I used on this project. I painted another small petal and also a piece of plastic packaging for the egg.



I also added a sentiment "Happy Easter" inside of a Idea-ology charm and hung it on the side of my Bunny.
Here is my finished piece and pics of it inside my tray.



The egg was made with Tim's Facet charm packaging. I just painted (with distress paint) the inside of one of the bubbles that looked like an egg and then cut it out.
I had painted the outside of it with crackle paint but I didn't like it so I took it off and just went with the distress paint. Much better!
Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I really like how you are adapting the tags to fit into the tray. That will be a fun decor piece to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an original and fantastic idea! I LOVE the tray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Claudine,

    I really like the tray as a way to display your ATC's. I love to see homemade stuff myself displayed in the house : gives you at least twice the fun.. once for making it and twice every time you pass by.
    My distress paints ( at least some of them) are ordered at Blitsy ! I'm on the look out to see how to use them. Nice to see you combine them to make your own color !
    Great idea to use the packaging of the faucet bauble for an egg !! Clever idea..must keep this in mind...:)

    greetings from Belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Claudine,

    I really like the tray as a way to display your ATC's. I love to see homemade stuff myself displayed in the house : gives you at least twice the fun.. once for making it and twice every time you pass by.
    My distress paints ( at least some of them) are ordered at Blitsy ! I'm on the look out to see how to use them. Nice to see you combine them to make your own color !
    Great idea to use the packaging of the faucet bauble for an egg !! Clever idea..must keep this in mind...:)

    greetings from Belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take Claudine! Love the bunny in your box!!! Lol! This is going to be so cool, already is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea to display your "tags".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ATC version of the tags.

    ReplyDelete