Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Window to Your Soul

Before I start my post today I want to take a moment to say that my heart really goes out to those in Oklahoma and surrounding areas that have been hit so hard this season with tornados. I am continuing to pray for all of you in the paths of the storms.



I worked on another 4x6 card for my 7 Gypsies tray and also wanted to play in a couple challenges...
Stampotique Designers Challenge - This week they are challenging us to use something Transparent, I love this theme! I really had to think outside the box here
Frilly and Funky - Well, I think I read this challenge wrong, I thought it was just "Window" but when I re-read it, I think I'm supposed to add a destination... uh-oh I hope my project counts but if not, I'm sharing it anyway heehee!!

For starters here, I used another one of my gelli plate backgrounds. I made this a few weeks ago and have been itching to use it.

It's a transfer onto black lined paper and I just love how it came out, I cut it down to 4x6 size


I also decided that I wanted to use Ranger's 2x2 Memory Frames
These work great with the memory glass but I'm out so i just cut a piece of thick plastic into the right size
I used Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs (love these) and put several words onto the plastic square

I am using my Stampotique Prom Queen girl, By Daniel Torrent and Jill Penney for this project so I used my wood mount to place the words exactly where I wanted them onto the plastic.

I wanted the words to stand out a bit so I painted behind them with a fine line paintbrush and white paint

I stamped my Prom Queen onto white paper and colored her with Copic Markers

I wanted her to stand out a bit more onto the background so I went around her with white gelli pen and used Faber Castell Oil Pastel in black to create a "hue"


I then glued her onto my background. The black hue helps her to stand out

I then wrote my words onto white card stock and edged each one with fired brick distress ink

I cut out some butterflies with red card stock and a Sizzix Embosslit

Once everything was done, I put it all together and added some ribbon.




I really like the way this turned out. I like the idea of seeing through the window into the soul. Thanks for stopping by..
Until next time.... cheers! 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Claudine, what a stunning card! I just love that pictureframe and the way you added the words on! Stunning! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the clear instructions. The tips to paint behind the words and to create the hue are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such clear instructions. The tip to paint behind the words and to create the hue are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love what you did with the challenge! Very cool tag. Thanks for joining us at the SDC. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE this! What a fun way to use something clear. Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been away for a couple of weeks, so just now catching up on what's happening at Stampotique. I saw that you were picked as a DT favorite, and I am not at all surprised! This is just pure genius--not to mention a lot of work, Claudine! But, well worth it in the end! Thanks for the great play-by-play on your creative process on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudine this is wonderful, I love how you've edged Prom Queen and added the white paint to the acetate - so many little touches that make this amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant tutorial on how you created your stunning tag. Thank you for joining in with us over at Stampotique Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me smile! Thanks for the step-by-step. I was wondering how you got those remnant rubs with a white background!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete