Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day with Tim's 12 Tags


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! XOXO
I hope your all having a really nice sweetheart day. As for me, I've been in training for the passed 10 9 or so weeks for a half marathon and went for my 4 mile run this morning and slipped on the ice. OUCH!!
I messed up my knee, elbow and hip and who knows what else but my back is killing me. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to continue to train so for me, that's a bummer indeed. I was able to make it 10.1 miles a few weekends ago and so I'm really proud of that. 
I got home and cleaned up and decided that I was going to get my mind off of my injuries and create my second installment of Tim's 12 Tags of 2013. Here is the link if you want to check out the first two tags and follow along. Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013

Tim did this really cool tag this month with distress markers and other great techniques and since I'm doing my tags as small cards in order to display them in my Graphic 45 display I wasn't able to follow Tim's exactly. Hey, it's ok though, Tim would welcome different ideas and I don't always follow along to the "T" anyway. 
I didn't take a bunch of pics or do a tutorial this time because my back was really hurting sitting in the chair. 
I do want to show you what I made and explain a little how it all came together.
Tim used the Queen of Hearts from the Valentine Blueprint stamp set and I do have this stamp but Tim has made a smaller version of this same stamp in the mini blueprints 2 set BUT alas, I do not have the mini set. It would be perfect because I needed a smaller version of that queen stamp. So I decided to use Shrinky Dink and I stamped the large queen and colored her with permanent markers and shrank her down. She came out perfect, kinda like a little charm. I also wasn't able to use the kraft core black paper like Tim did so I used my newest stamp set Simple Sayings (that I just picked up yesterday) and stamped the border and phrase "From The Heart". I love the way this set has the sayings and also the border for them. They work perfectly together. 
I also used portions of the Queen of Hearts stamp to make a border for my card. I only inked up the arrows and stamped them around the edges. 
I used the heart from Tim's Sizzix mini movers and shapers "love Struck" set and cut out a heart. I added some distress ink to it to make it go along with the color in the tag and sentiment.  I finished off my card with a few embelishments and twine. Hope you like it. Here are some pictures. 









Happy V-Day everyone. I'm going to go ice and take some motrin. :)




12 comments:

  1. Claudine hi I am new in the Blog world (well got my own blog just a week ago...) and just found your wonderful Blog. What a oustanding idea to place your 12 Tags for 2013 in such a wonderful frame - oustandig. I do love your first Tag badly. I was looking around and found some more oustanding work of art. I want miss this in the future and will follow you from today :-)

    your new friend and fan
    SanDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card, and how you used the shrink plastic. Hope you are better soon, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Shrinky Dink Card and how you used the arrows on the stamp!!
    Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. You need to get healed up quickly and then you can train in the spring when there's no ice. I just read up on a half marathon last night. Whooo, you are one tough chicky...

    I love your ATC and I just adore the way you're showcasing them. What color red is the background? Is it as bold in real life as it is in the pictures?

    Feel better soon. (((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well shoot,
    I left a comment and wasn't signed in then when I signed in the comment was no where to be found. Grrrrrrr

    Heal up soon honey and the start training in the spring when there's no ice. Ice is BAD!!!
    I admire you for deciding to do a half marathon. You have to be tough in order to do that.

    I love your ATC and the way you're showcasing them. I need to do something like that. I'm becoming a groupie. LOL

    What color red is the background and is it as bold in reality as in the the pictures?

    BIG (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you all of your bumps and bruises are healing up. That sounds like a nasty fall.Glad you are still able to create as your card really came out great! Good idea to use the shrinky dink plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fabulous! What fun to watch your collection grow. Love the shrinkie card. So sorry to hear about your fall.... congrats on all that training - I sure hope you're feeling loads better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl...you better get to the doctor and get some xrays...doesn't sound good! Not at all! I love the art though, the queen looks fab at shrinky dinked! Love the way you are doing these in the frame! Fabulous! Now go get xrays...you have military benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Claudine,

    I hope you just have caught some bruises from falling and that they are healing soon so you can do your run !

    I like to read how you substitute things you don't have, cause that's when creativity really starts...
    I'm completelty into shrinkplastic for the moment too ! I love it as an embellishment and love it that you can make it completely your own.

    greetings from belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete