Ok so on this tag I didn't have the cut and dry felt or the reinkers or the stamp that goes with the embossing folder Soooo.... I used the embossing folder and acrylic paint (just the cheap kind from Michael's) so what I did was painted the inside of the embossing folder's words, each with a different color of paint. I painted the embossed or endented side of the folder. Once it was done, it was sort of messy, so I ran a sheet of scrap paper through first, then, without painting more, I ran the tag through. It gave it this really cool distressed look. Some of the green and red paint smeared but it really looks cool I think. Then I just followed Tim's steps for distressing and I also used Walnut Stain ink pad to go over the top.
This one was fun and I like how the paint looks. :)
Looks great! Good way to improvise!ReplyDelete
The blue is striking on your tag! I love how the paint is distressed looked too. Way to improvise. And...I am digging that ribbon...shabby chic!!!ReplyDelete
You ARE making it work...your mojo is white hot right now! I can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow :)ReplyDelete
Lovely tag! Great way of color blocking. And nice embellishments.ReplyDelete