Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Halloween Project With Tim Holtz's Metallic Distress Stain

It has been way too long since I've been able to post and also work in my craft room. I'm having craft withdraws. I've actually been trying to get into my craft room since last week and FINALLY got in there today to do some much needed crafting and catching up on things. 
I am in several swaps and most are Halloween themed and since I just love Halloween I was really excited to do this. 
The first swap I'm in is the Rolodex and I decided to go a little more grungy this time. Brights have been my go-to lately and I thought I would go dark and grungy for this one. 
I just bought Tim Holtz new Metallic Distress stains in each color and I really wanted to use them so I decided to go with Tarnished Brass for the background on these and boy am I glad I did, this stuff is "to die for", I just love it!!! It's metallic shimmery goodness in a jar!
This is a picture of my background after I used the stain.
  It might be hard to see in the picture but it's beautiful. Once that was done I used a piece of cardstock and made a circle to use as a mask for the moon. I used Tim's Distress Inks in the colors Gathered Twigs, Aged Mahogany and Black soot around the circle so that the moon would just pop. 
I then used the spider web in the Trick Or Treat Tim Holtz stamp set and stamped on top of all of that with the Adorondak black stamp pad. 
Once that was done and pretty dry I used two stamps, the spider is from Tim's new set called Mini Halloween and the black bird is from Memory Box, I embossed those with black embossing powder. Then I added one small red gem to the spider to make her a black widow.
Here is a pic of that:
I love how the moon just pops off the page and the entire card is full of shimmery goodness from the metallic stain.
Once that was finished I took some plain colored cardstock and added the spider web tissue tape to it and colored over the tape with Adirondak paint dabbers in gold and espresso to give it more of a grungy feel. I then stamped the Happy Halloween from Tim's Mini Halloween stamp set and cut it down to make a banner ribbon, the banner was then stapled onto the top.


 I added some cotton ball for a cloud and wallah!! 
Happy Halloween!!!


8 comments:

  1. Awesome. All of the elements combine perfectly for that Halloween feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that card is alcsome some of your pages was totally black and had a red X in it so we didnt get to see it all but the last one is alsome..I have some cards that looks like a coffen but dont know what to do with them BC they are biger than a ATC.....
    MaryR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!
    I love things that shimmer and Halloween so your card is just perfect to send my way. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so Tim. I really want those metallic distress inks! I didn't know he had out a new halloween mini set either! Love how it turned out. Is it the standard size rolodex card?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You are so creative!!! Love the ways these stains look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic blog you have and your style is right up my street so aim now a follower . Fabulous Halloween card and I love your journalling . TFS Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that card, and the banner is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete