Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

A Simple "Hi"

Good day everyone, I hope your having a wonderful day and staying cool. Here in Colorado we have been in a bit of a heat wave. 
I am staying cool in doors and working on some crafting. There are a few challenges out there in blog land that I want to participate in so I'm in my craft room creating



My project today is Tim Holtz inspired, I have been seeing all the new products from Tim that are coming out this summer and I'm always fascinated by Tim and his many talents for designing
To begin I started by cutting a card with Eileen Hull's Sizzix  Garden Gate Die I used red card stock for the base (cut two of those, one for the front of the card and one for the back) and white for the picket fence portion. This die is designed for an album but today I'm using it to make a card
I then cut and embossed my layered butterfly, I used yellow distress card stock for that so I could rough it up after embossing. 
I used Rusty Hinge distress ink to add some color to my butterfly and also really make those embossed areas POP out



I cut some flowers out of white card stock using Tim's mini tattered floral movers and shapers
I used distress stains in various colors to color my flowers


I then used Tim's  Mixed Media stamp set to stamp onto my card background and also my flowers



I went around my edges with distress ink in order to grunge things up a bit.
I used distress stain to color my ribbon for my bow (sorry didn't photograph that step)

I used various Idea-ology trinkets Custom Fasteners to create my flower centers and added a Chain Tassel to the bow. I used the Memo Pin to adhere to paper with the word "Hi"


Here are a few photos of my finished card




I am entering this card into three challenges today -

The first challenge is over at A Vintage Journey and this week they are asking us to use some "Dies and Distress" they are a Tim Holtz themed challenge site so anything in that style is 
A-ok. The sponsor this month is Country View Crafts and the winner will win a 10.00 gift card

The Next Challenge is from Frilly and Funky and their challenge theme is "Summer Heat" they are asking us to remember the colors, red, orange and yellow and also add a  summer bloom somewhere in our projects - the winner will win a 25.00 gift card to The Funky Junky Boutique

Lastly the challenge over at Our Creative Corner this month is "Homemade Flowers & Hand Died Ribbon" - Their sponsor this month is Ninecrane Designs and you could win a voucher to shop

Thanks so much for coming by, I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial. 
Have a happy day!!

14 comments:

  1. This is magnificent Claudine! I've been dying to see someone go for it (mixed media wise) with the garden gate album and this is a gem. Beautiful fiery hot flowers and that fantastic butterfly are definite summer winners. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your album is beautiful Claudine and is so summery and fresh - and the gorgeous butterfly is an absolute delight. How clever of you to combine Eileen's die cuts with Tim's too. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very beautiful, Claudine! Love the warm color palette, and your butterfly is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! The red and yellow are wonderful, and that butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning make Claudine.........wonderful details and dies. I particularly love your butterfly and florals. Thank you for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey this fortnight
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Claudine, the butterfly looks fabulous and is perfectly placed flying over the gate. Thanks for linking to AVJ.
    Happy Sunday. hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful creation, love the flowers!
    Groetjes Karin (OCC)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claudine, I am so in love with that Butterfly. Love how it takes center stage over the lovely gated garden you created. Thank you for sharing with us a AVJ! Stay cool. We will hit 105 today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been having a look round your blog and really like your work, will definitely be following you in future.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I'm a bit jealous of your butterfly - it's on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a stunning make, I usually love anything inspired by Tim, and this is no exception! Love that gorgeous butterfly, the flowers are just lovely too! Thanks so much for adding it to the Our Creative Corner and A Vintage Journey challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab fiery colours - love those delicious flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at Our Creative Corner and joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful colours! This is such an amazing card! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Our Creative Corner! x

    ReplyDelete