Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stampotique Challenge 244 - Scribbles

Hello and welcome back to the blog. It's Wednesday and you know what that means... it's time for another  fun challenge over at Stampotique.

This week Arwen McCullen is our hostess and she is challenging us to Scribbles, here is what Arwen says about this challenge:
"I want to see scribbles in your projects this week, that can be by hand or by stamp, just add some scribbles."


For my project this week I wanted to do a mini canvas but I didn't have one so I created one haha!
I started my project with a stencil and some crackle paste
I used Ranger watercolor paper for this


Once dry, I applied some Color Burst and water. (love this stuff) Usually I apply water and then color burst but this time I put  some color burst first and then spritzed with water


I kept adding water and more color until I achieved the look I wanted



I then added my Stampotique images (which I colored with topic markers), I used the stamps:
Mabel - By artist Karen Hayselden
Prairie Flowers - By artist Terri Richardson

I then added scribbles around the edge and little mini circles here and there with my Pitt Pen


After everything was dry and put onto my background I then used cardboard as my base and simply glued my watercolor paper to the cardboard. This gives me a sturdy piece to work with and it will hang better

I added my canvas to the Tim Holtz Idea-ology hanger. I stamped and put the Phrase Artsy Fartsy on the faceplate of the hanger. (that is also a Stampotique stamp) This was so fun to make and I love the outcome!! 


We hope you will come on over to the Stampotique Challenge Blog and join us this week.

For more inspiration see us on
and
Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing Claudine <3

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, Claudine ! Love the background. I just can't get on with these powders... No control you see !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great canvas - love that fabulous background and Mabel is adorable clutching her flowers.

    ReplyDelete