Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Artist Trading Block - Wendy Vecchi Style

Hello and welcome to my blog and thank you so much for stopping by. Today will be my very first post as an Inspiration Team member over at the Artist On The Block Blog and I'm so excited about it. It has been amazing being on Eileen Hull's ATB Inspiration Team.



If you haven't already done so, make sure to check out Eileen's Blog for the Art with Heart Challenges. The Challenge right now is "April Showers"

For My Artist Trading Block today I have seen everyone doing some really awesome Tim Holtz inspired blocks. So I thought, what the heck, let me do something in Wendy Vecchi style this time. I love Wendy's style and I have fallen for her Archival inks, embossing and crackle pastes and stamps and I just had to use them all on this project. 

For starters Wendy has this wonderful video from CHA 2014 showing how she uses her re-inkers (see the video here )
So I used mine and made my background with them
(so sorry I didn't take a photo of this step)

I applied Wendy's embossing crackle paste over some hearts that I cut out using a Tim Holtz mover and shaper die and grungeboard
I then set those aside to dry thoroughly


Once those dry, they have this awesome crackle effect you can see that here


I then added some of Wendy's Archival inks over the top and some glossy accents  


For my roses I used Tim's pine cone die and Wendy's Clearly for Art (Wendy has a wonderful tutorial on how to do these roses on her blog HERE )
I also used Adirondak alcohol inks


I then used several of Wendy's stamps and StazOn to stamp onto the clearly for art roses


I then shaped my flowers by heating up the clearly for art, it's hard to see the nice flower in this photo but these turn out very nice


I used Wendy's new stamp set called "License Plate Art" and embossed them. I then colored them by dabbing Wendy's Archival on my craft sheet and adding a bit of water and I used a paint brush to brush on the color. 



I used Tim's Distress paint to color one of Wendy's Art Parts



I also added some other of Wendy's stamped images and those were colored in the same way as the license plate stamps.
I used Tim's framework die "honeycomb" for decoration
I created another smaller block for the stand and decorated it with the same background paper and some of Wendy's stamps










I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and think about giving these Artist Trading Blocks a try, they are really fun to create. 
Here is a link to Eileen's Dies
Eileen Hull Designs

Have a great day and thanks again for stopping by.
CHEERS!


9 comments:

  1. wow love this art block!!! So much fun. I hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me, Claudine, I save the comment "stunning" for only exceptional work, and today's artist trading block commands the use of that word: This project is stunning, in every sense of the word. I can definitely see Wendy Vecchi in this work, but, at the same time, I can see Claudine in it, too. You definitely made this your very own art--uniquely YOU! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ATB! The colors, design, paste!
    I love it all Claudine!
    I have my dies now and have started playing.
    You have really started this months ATB on a high note! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Kay. This is pretty stunning. Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudine this block is Wendylicious! Great colors and techniques- love the block on the pedestal and must try this. Thanks for working with the ATB and for joining the team :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing Claudine. Very lovely project

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super block, Claudine! Congrats on your DT spot - will look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work! Now I want to do a block.

    ReplyDelete