Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Stampotique Designers Challenge 145 - Feature Flowers

Good day all, I hope that spring has sprung over in your neck of the woods. Mother Nature sure has given us quite a winter... This week's Challenge over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog the challenge was chosen by the wonderful Valerie Wilson and she has asked us to "Feature some Flowers" in our creations.

What a great time to do that too, spring is peeking it's head out here in Colorado and I'm excited as ever! So a flower challenge is wonderful.
It's my turn to post over at the Stampotique Designers Blog so make sure to check out the feature over there


for my creation this week I used a Ranger jumbo tags. I just love these, they are huge and a nice size to fold in half and make a card. 
For this card I used Stampotique Stamps:
Carol's flower large and Carol's Flower Small - by artist Janet Klein
Agatha Star - By Artist Magda Polakow
Tall Word Collage - By Artist Amy Willson Wellenstein
Sunflower Left - By Artist Janet Klein

To start I used Distress Paint and water to create my background, setting that aside for a little while to dry


I then used Carol's Flowers for the background


I then took a white gelli roll pen and went around the flowers here and there to make them stand out just a bit

I then stamped my stem directly onto the card and colored it in

I used different paper for the head of the flower and cut it out and adhered it on top of my stem
I colored in Agatha and her star and added those with adhesives 
 I added my words and a bit of wash tape 
And last but not least I added a very large brad to the hole in the tag and then I folded my tag in order for it to be a card and I added ribbon and a pearl to close



Thanks for coming by and hopefully your days are filled with sunshine and flowers!!!


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and bright tag Claudine...love your background and all your stamps. I am loving the look of the new stamps by Magda. You have made me want to run up to my craftroom right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, I'm loving that it's a tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally brilliant idea to take a jumbo tag, fold it and make a card!! I can promise you that I am going to do this! Love the spring greens and yellows, Claudine, especially on the sunflower. I also see Carol's flowers as part of your great background. And, of course, I love Agatha's Star--already in my collection! Way to rock our Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome background, and love the vivid color! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your card Claudine, gorgeous bright colours and a wonderful combination of stamps :)

    ReplyDelete