Monday, June 29, 2015

Altered Puzzle Week 10



Welcome back to the blog today,  we are onto week 10 of the Altered Puzzle Challenge
If your following along or if your new, here are the links to the previous weeks challenges....




Here are the links to the previous posts for this challenge




Our Facebook group is here:

This week I'm going to combine the two pieces to make one large collaborative piece. 

For starters I took some versamark, clear embossing powder and a background stamp

Simply apply the versamark over the entire background stamp, stamp onto the puzzle piece, pour the clear embossing powder over the pieces and heat set.
For this step I kept the two pieces put together


Your pieces should look something like this now
You can see the shiny embossing on the background


Next I'm going to apply three different colors of inks with a distress tool
Color one:


Color two:

and color three:
As you can tell I like the brights, you can use whatever colors you like

Next I stamped my image (from Stampotique by artist Jo Capper-Sandon)
and I also used a image that my friend Terri Richardson had drawn for me (the flower in her hair) 
colored them with copic markers and cut them out. 
This image is going to sit right in the middle of my pieces 


I then picked out a phrase from one of my Tim Holtz stamp sets and stamped it twice onto card stock
Stamped twice so I could cut out the words

I cut it out and edged with black marker


I then decided to add some small bee and dragonfly buttons but the buttons have a rounded back so I took my Tim Holtz Tonic scissors and cut the back off so they would be flat and easy to adhere to my pieces



After all was put together here is what my pieces look like now


I really love how these came out, one of my favorite pieces now.
Enjoy your week and have fun creating and thanks for following along.
CHEERS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So cute, and love how they join together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great design and gorgeous colours xxx

    ReplyDelete