Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back to Paper Crafts & Haiku Pages

I am currently in a swap on one of my Yahoo groups and it calls for four 4x6 Asian themed Haiku pages. We are going to send them in with a front and back cover and the hostess will bind them for us. This is the first time I have joined a Haiku swap so I was a little apprehensive. I don't think my Haiku is Asian themed but my pages are!! haha!   I decided to try some new techniques with these pages. I used the Vintaj metal embossing folder and made the little metal disks on the back of each page. I also have a friend that helped me with some stamped polymer clay Asian words. I was really excited to do these and I think they came out great. I used perfect pearls over the top of each clay piece to give them a little shimmer.
Here is a peek at what I came up with. 


The front of the page is the top picture here and the back of the page is the bottom picture. I created a sleeve on the back with some envelopes that I found at the thrift store (they were perfect for this) and made a tag with all the swap info. The Vintaj metal piece is on the tag there. 
Here is a closer picture.

 This is a closer picture of the front of each page.






This is my front cover for the book. 

 


2 comments:

  1. claudine this book is going to alsome and your pages are wounderful and I love your work....
    your friend MaryR

    ReplyDelete