Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

May The Heart Be With You

Well, this week over at Simon Says Stamp and Show Blog, the challenge is "A Project With a Heart". I love this one because I just love hearts. Of course SSS is giving away thier usual 50.00 shopping card to one random winner, they are so great over there!!! 
I am currently in process of making jewelry for gifts for family so I decided to take a little break and make something for this challenge and wanted to do a jewelry piece. 

For this particular piece I used some really cool heart beads that I found at a thrift store. They were attached to a necklace and weren't that great looking with the beads that were with it. I love buying old jewelry and taking it apart and making something new out of it so I decided to do that with these little purple hearts. I added a glass bubble heart to the middle part of the necklace that was actually clear glass and I dyed it with Tim Holtz alcohol inks on both sides and strung some beads with it. I love the way it turned out. I also wanted to make some earrings to go with this as well. Hope you like :) My daughter modeled it for me :)


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love that you buy the old and redo it with new...wonderful! This is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !! That necklace is so beautiful I just love your art.. I will send you what I made to day.
    MaryR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there thankssss for sharing your fabulous heart necklace with the DT from SSSS love the colors of the beads and the heart is fabulous, thankss for sharing hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete