Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tissue Paper Ornament

Good morning to you. Today I am making another ornament. I also wanted to take part in the challenge over at:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Their challenge this week is tissue paper. 

I decided to do this ornament with Tim Holtz tissue paper and a fragment piece.
I used two layers of the tissue paper and stamped on it with the stamps I chose using archival ink. 



I drew a pencil line around the area where the I needed to stamp, this was my guide. 
I used archival ink to make a colored edge.


I then used glossy accents to adhere my fragment to my tissue piece.



After it was completely dry I cut around the edges. 
I added some metal wire and just wrapped it around here and there and made a hanger and jus tike that my ornament is done!
This is simple and quick and has a wonderful result.




Thanks again for stopping by the blog. Have a great day!!

9 comments:

  1. Claudine - that is really cute. I love the idea. Seems simple but looks elegant. I love the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great ornament Claudine. I will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ornament, Claudine! I love the size of it, too. Clever way to create the hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Claudine,

    I love handmade ornaments!

    It's great to use your own creations in your seasonaldecoration, but it would make a great little gift too! Or as a teaser on the package of a gift...
    TFS!

    Greetings from Belgium
    inge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is clever Claudine! LOVE the addition of that wirework. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, Claudine. Love the colors and the use of the tissue wrap. I was looking at my Fragment pieces the other day thinking I needed to get them out and use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! That would be a great charm as part of a larger project too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tissue ornament!! Great idea with inking around it to make a frame. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete