I love that song by Katy Perry and I've had it in my head all day so I decided to make something with that in mind.
Not to mention I've been wanting to make something for my daughter. She always brings me these cool items that she finds on her job to use in my crafts. Well, last week she brought me this really cool small bullet. As soon as I saw it I knew I would make something for her with it.
I am going to enter this project into the following challenges:
1. Stampotique Design Challenge - Their challenge this week is to use Handles, hinges, buckles, fasteners or pulls. I really love this challenge because I love all the items listed! So fun!!
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Their challenge this week is to use a clear or rubber stamp - no digital stamps. This one is right up my alley! I use rubber stamps on almost every project.
So I looked through my stash of alterable items and found this super small but oh-so-cute altoid mini tin. Since I had some of Tim Holtz mini hinges and the stamp I wanted to use was small I knew it was a match made in alter heaven. haha!!
For starters I used my sand tool and sanded the entire altoid box down. Then I applied a layer of Golden Gesso to give the entire thing some tooth. I set that aside to dry.
I then took a gelli print that I had (love those gelli print backgrounds!!)
and I used a Stampotique stamp called Seaweed by
Jo Capper-Sandon and also a Tim Holtz clock and stamped onto my background here and there.
I then cut this up for the front and inside of my tin.
Once my tin was more or less dry, I painted most of it black. I just left the places that I was going to cover white.
Again, set aside to dry.
I stamped my bear image onto water color paper and colored him with Copic markers. (forgot to take a photo, so sorry)
I used Copics because I wanted it to be permanent.
Once my tin was dry again I lined the entire inside with tissue tape. I used Claudine Hellmuth's multi-medium glossy to adhere it so it would stay.
I also cut a small piece of my gelli plate print and added that to the inside as well. I needed to break up the black on the side where the bear would end up.
I then took my hinge and a poker tool to make holes for the brads. I had to line them up perfect so that the box would open properly. Since the box already had it's own hinges, I just took them off it's own hinge and affixed mine.
Once that was done I painted the entire outside with the matte-medium again so that the paint wouldn't continue to chip. (this tends to happen with painted tin)
I then took some Adirondack acrylic paint dabber in gold and painted a star that I'm going to use inside.
I also cut up some small pieces of foam and colored them with marker. I want to have my bear and a few other items be dimensional on the inside and I just used foam for this.
I did make a little sign for the inside of the tin using a clip form a coffee bag I had and some of the gelli print again. I didn't take a photo, sorry again.
So here is my final project....
I love the way the gelli print came out looking with the stamping on it.
The little bear holding the bullet is so awesome! I love that stamp.
Tin Side - Hinge
I Think it came out really cute, I'm so glad I used this little tin for this project, it was perfect. I hope my daughter likes it.
Thanks again for stopping by, cya next time!! Have a great weekend!!