Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

All About the Gals Artist Trading Block

I have always loved the stamps by Dina Wakley they are so fun and her quotes are so thoughtful. I have a lot of Dina's stamps and I just don't use them enough.

I figured for my ATB inspiration team post this time I would do something with my Dina Wakley stamps 

I started out with this crazy gelli print that I had laying around, I used acrylic paints and sticky back canvas to create this print so I figured if I worked with it I could just stick it on the ATB once I'm done, how easy is that?!


This gelli print was really ugly, so I layered more and more and even some more on top of it, lol. I figured I better stop with this. It doesn't look like much here but once I cut it down it's going to be fabulous

I used my Eileen Hull Artist Trading Block Die and Black Mat Board to create my base for my block

I also cut my pieces of the gelli print to size so they would fit on each side of my block
So for my pieces of the sticky back canvas I picked which stamps I wanted to use and stamped them with Black Archival inks. 
I used tissue paper to stamp my sentiments because they are small and the stick back canvas has some texture to it and I really didn't want to lose the boldness of the letters if I stamped it directly onto my canvas. 
Once the sentiments were stamped I simply cut them out and adhered them onto my canvas with gel medium
The tissue paper disappears into the background


I added stamps and a few die cuts here and there and then doodled on each side
I also did a bit of sewing and once it was all done I simply pulled off the backing and stuck my canvas onto the ATB



I love how easy this was

For my Bird, I made two, one I stamped directly onto the canvas and the other one I used tissue paper, because I wanted my bird to be visible from all sides of the block I need to reverse the image and I did that with the tissue paper.


This way I could glue them together, back to back

Here is my finished block
TOP

FRONT

SIDE

SIDE

BACK 

Thanks for coming by and please stop by The Artists On The Block Website to check out more inspiration from the team!

Also, Check out Eileen Hull's Art With Heart Challenge, there is a new one each month and we'd love for you to join in on the fun! There is a fabulous prize from Sizzix as well.


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful ATB,I have most of those Dina Wakley stamps and they are a dream to work with aren't they. This really is a gorgeous creation

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project, Claudine! I, too, love Dina's stamps, especially her recent "girl" stamps! Love your ATB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... Such a lovely box. How creative to put that cute bird on top of it. Love your creations !!!!!
    Thanks for sharing your art !!
    Hugs from Monica.. Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ATB, Claudine!
    Thank you for joining my blog too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful!!! Wonderful project <3

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your DW inspired ATB, just glorious :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful! by the way. watch for something in the mail from me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love the colors and how you've propped up the bird. Pinnning :-)

    ReplyDelete