Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

One Last Christmas Display

Hello all and welcome back to the blog today. I have one more Christmas display to show you prior to Christmas. Cutting it close on this one haha! 
I have recently gotten my hands on the new Tim Holtz Paper Mosaic Kit from my work Simple Pleasures and I couldn't wait to break it open and play with it. 
Ever since I saw Tim's video on youtube with this kit, I've been wanting to check it out



To begin this project I took a piece out of Tim's configuration book, I'm going to create a scene inside this. 

I started out by using the Distress grout onto the entire backside of the box, I used a pallet knife to spread my grout. I probably should have made it a bit smoother but since this was my first time, it was a learning process
(for some reason my photo wouldn't stay upright for this post, sorry about that.)



I sat that aside to dry thoroughly

While that was drying I started with some things for the scene I was going to create.
I used Tim's Trophy Antlers and applied some multi matte medium all over them and sprinkled glitter onto them
Also, setting that aside to dry

I then cut a piece of Tim's older Christmas paper and used distress ink to the edges and top. I used the paper distress tool to distress my edges as well



I wanted to add a poinsettia to this so I created a small one using Tim's movers and shapers poinsettia die. I simply cut these out with red and green paper that i previously stamped music onto, I then used distress ink on the edges



I wanted to use glitter and prills for the center and I applied these with glossy accents glue


I love how the center looks so real with the prills and glitter

Once my "grout" was completely dry, I began by placing some of my mosaic pieces here and there onto the back of my box.
(I previously cut the pieces out using Tim's Christmas paper)





Once I figured out how I wanted my pieces to lay out, I started gluing them down with the paper mosaic glue
when they were all placed and glue down I applied one more coat of glue to the entire back



I set this aside to dry

When all of the glue had dried completely I went ahead and applied my paper mosaic glaze over each mosaic tile. Again, I set this aside to dry



I forgot to mention that prior to applying my mosaic pieces I used distress ink to go over the entire background of my box
It's really kind of cool how the distress ink blends into the background as your applying your glue and mosaic pieces



I used one of Tim's script thinlet word dies to create my "joyful" word and I also used one of his woodland tree miniatures (sprayed with distress spray)
For the silver tinsel around the edge, I simply hot glued that





This is how the back and sides turned out, I love it!



Thanks so much for coming by and checking out this fin and festive display. I hope you and yours have a Blessed Christmas!! 
CHEERS!!!








3 comments:

  1. I really like the display inside the box and the mosaic on the outside. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudine this Christmas wall display is awesome. Fantastic idea and very decorative. Allthough I wonder if it's a shame the mosaic is not visible because it's on the backside...lol...
    Thank you for sharing.
    I wish you a Merry Christmas. Hugs from Monica...Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE your glittery deer. He is AWESOME, and so is the mosaic! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete