Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 11

Wow!! We are on week 11 of the Altered Playing Card Challenge!! Welcome back to everyone and welcome to the new followers. Anyone can start at anytime during this challenge.


If you have missed any week's here are the pertinent links

and our Facebook page



and the Pinterest Board link


We have gotten our first snow here in Colorado this week and it is late indeed. We normally get snow at least by October. So this week's theme is going to be "SNOW"
 I wanted to work with some paper towel that I have used as a background for my spray inks. I often use paper towels to lay my project upon for spraying. These paper towels become a plethora of colors and I always save them
For starters I cut my paper towel a little larger than my playing card
I then used collage pauge to spread over my playing card and added my paper towel on top of that




One of my playing cards I simply glued the paper towel down and left it and the other I applied my paper towel and before it could dry completely I peeled it off leaving this cool pattern






The card above has no paper towel,  the colors from the towel bled onto my card using the collage pauge
How cool does that look?

Working with the first playing card, (the one with the paper towel applied)  I used the digi stamps from Vera Lane Studios by Janet Klein 

I printed out my images onto white cardstock and colored them and cut them out for this card
I applied white Enamel Accents to the bottom portion of my card to make it look like snow
The white portions in the sky etc are from the paper towel itself, I think it gives it a nice effect




Next, I adhered my images and printed out a sentiment that I thought would be perfect for this card

In the ned my enamel accents took on the color of my background, since the inks in the background are water reactive, it seems they bled through. That's ok, I figure "it is what it is" lol I could probably apply a little more enamel accents to cover that up but eh, I left it
This card was pretty easy to put together so it should make for a quick project for you





For my next card, I used the background that I made without the paper towel
The stamp I used comes from Maria Sabina Raita It was a freebie in the Craft Stamper Magazine last month

I simply stamped my image onto printed card stock and cut it out




I then used Tim Holtz distressing tool to rough up my edges around the circle 

I then stamped and embossed the same image onto green paper and used some red embossing powder to create another color



I cut out portions of each in order to create a colored bird on my image, they were pasted over my original image




I created a "stem" for my flower but adding wash tape to plain white card stock and cutting out




I used a snowflake stamp from a "Stampin Up" set to stamp black snowflakes onto my background




I then used a "Wink of Stella" white pen to add glitter to my snowflakes




Adding my bird and flower stem 



My sentiment also came from the Vera Lane Studios digi stamp by Janet Klein 
I also used enamel accents on this card, applying little white dots here and there




After applying black ink around the edges here is my finished card


Here are the two finished "SNOW" card for this week




And now for the giveaway!!
The winner of the bundle pack from last week is:


Shoot, don't know if this is going to publish twice. Really enjoy all your challenges. My husband and I are having such a good time seeing what each other creates each week. Thanks for giving of yourself and helping those of us that need direction and structure to stay on task and come up with wonderful little art pieces. I would love to win this weeks prizes, both are very neat. Glad you are healing and feeling better.
Congrats Janet! Please email me with your address and I will get your prize out right away! jasminngirl411 at yahoo.com

Thanks everyone for following along, cya all next week!! 



11 comments:

  1. Oh, fab cards again this week! Shall have a play as soon as my son's birthday card is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Janet. Love the background on the first card and your cute images and the sentiment. Definitely cocoa weather here today although no snow. Your flower idea is so sweet. Hoping to catch u a bit this week. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Janet! One of the highlights of this project, for me, is seeing what you and the hubby make each week! I've got this week's stuff---sitting on my craft table! Looks like this week will be cloning Claudine's cards! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  4. While we only got a dusting of snow here in central IL it was pretty to watch the falling flakes. I'm ready to create some faux snow on my APCs...off to see what I can find in my room! Congrats, Janet, on winning the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got my two cards made TODAY! woo hoo! Here is the link to my blog post (also posted on FB)
    http://2amscrapper.blogspot.com/2014/11/altered-playing-cards-19-and-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I' am waiting for my first card to dry. I need to color the snowman. I'm not sure how I am going to do my second card. I may have a piece of paper towel ready soon from airbrushing with markers. ;-)

    No snow here just cold. So far has only snowed once and not even enough to stick.

    Thanks for sharing your adorable cards. I love that snow bird. Also I look forward every Monday to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. You are so creative. Love your altered playing cards. They are so different. But both lovely. Gosh.. What a lot of inspiration I soak from you. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your tutorials and sigh when I realize I have none (or few) of the products or tools you used. Then I read your Tim tag post below and saw how few products you had, and how you made that work to your advantage. That made me feel like I wasn't swimming upstream.

    Really enjoyed this post, and loved the finished cards. I tried to honor your winter theme, because you did such a fantastic job with these two APCs. Thanks as always for sharing your incredible talent with us because I'm well aware how long it takes to put one of these posts together.

    Here is mine for week 11:

    http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2014/11/altered-playing-card-apc-week-11-winter.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved using the paper towels. Since I had to make my own, I kept them really vibrant and colorful. Now if only real snow was that pretty, LOL! I really enjoyed this week's cards. Thanks so much for all the effort and encouragement!


    http://craftymoosecrafts.blogspot.com/2014/11/apc-week-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this play Claudine, so fun and love your cards! The towels make such awesome backgrounds. Thanks so much for inspiring. I think I might just have to spray towels to use, it is so fun :)

    I finally got my set 11 posted if you wanna peek:)
    ~kim
    http://tangledbluerose.blogspot.com/2014/11/apcc-week-11altered-playing-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurrah, here at last. Just call me a little bit late. Such fun. Hugz

    http://craftynomad.blogspot.no/2015/01/catch-it-while-you-can.html

    ReplyDelete