Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pan Pastels - Oh My

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by on this weekend. 
Last month I won some pan pastels from a drawing on the wonderful Marjie Kemper's blog and I was so excited. I haven't been able to really sit down and use them until the other day. I was thrilled to pieces to have won them because I have wanted to try pan pastels for a very long time. They are a little pricey so I put it off. 


I decided that I wanted to work in my Dyan Reaveley art journal and do a two page spread. Since I have never used them before I decided that I better go online and research them a bit prior to using them.

The first thing I did was cover some of my journal pages with Tim Holtz tissue paper and tissue tape. 



Then I wanted something to give my page some dimension so I used Liquitex modeling paste and a stencil.



I started with some make-up sponges and covered my page with a few of the pan pastels colors. These go on so smooth and the color is amazing



I then added some red color to the modeling paste stencil area and also added some stenciling here and there by using versamark ink and dabbing on more of the same colors



Lastly I added some black stenciling and some Dina Wakley and Donna Downey journaling words and some tissue tape
I also added a bit of white paint and went around the entire edge with red pan pastel



I'm not sure if this page is quite done yet but this is where I stopped for now. I really love the way it looks but I almost feel like it needs something more. Maybe something will come to me eventually, sometimes these pages just need to "sit" for awhile and I revisit them later


10 comments:

  1. Hi CLaudine, I think your pages are gorgeous! Just started trying out Pan Pastel myself, so I love the inspiration you gave me. Thanks! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! i got some pan pastels recently with a 50% off coupon but haven't played with them yet. i really need to! thanks for the inspiration! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudine......as usual your artwork is AMAZING .... Love the way you mixed Pan Pastels, ink, stencils,

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page. I think you NEED pan pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page! Love my Pan Pastels- the colors are so faf! Love your techniques- esp the modeling paste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. claudine oi love the stincel you used and like the Sun in its really beautful...............................

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your journal spread, Claudine! Pure genius to reverse your TH stencil for the second side! Did you spray your pages at the end to "fix" the pastels? I have 4 pans, but thought I would wait until I can go outside to spray my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! Love the way this spread came out, Claudine. And thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,Claudine, this is a fantastic page and such a great use of the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful page! Thanx so much for sharing. Have also been looking at them but wasn't ready to take the plunge as I am still learning about them.

    KimMJ

    ReplyDelete