Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Stampotique Challenge 197 - Tin is In

Welcome back to the blog everyone and thanks for stopping by.
Today is Wednesday which means it's time for another challenge over at: Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog
and our wonderful hostess this week is Janet Klein and her challenge to use is "Tin Is In"
This is what Janet says about this challenge:

"Tin can be an exciting and unexpected element in your stamping projects. So put on you tinking caps" and reach for some craft tin-an Altoid container or upcycle with a can or other tin object."

I began by finding a tin, I decided to use this tin that I got from Cracker Barrel years ago, I always save my tins



I started by covering the tin in gesso in order to prep it for paint


I used acrylic paint in a salmon type color for my tin


Next I stamped some of Stampotique's stamps all over a piece of tissue paper, I used a few different archival ink colors for this




Once everything was dry I applied the tissue to my tin with glue



In order for my piece to stand up I created a base using cardboard. I painted it first with the same salmon color


I then applied another darker color of paint


I then stamped onto the base


I used Carrot and colored her with Copic Markers,
she is going to pull my cart with the 3 In A Round boys


I added buttons for wheels and a pulley string
Here is my final piece




For this project I used Stampotique stamps:

3 In A Round ,Carrot - By Daniel Torrente
Design Cube 2 - By France Papillon
Love Definition - By Amy Wilson Wellenstein
French Text - By Jo Capper-Sandon

So take on this challenge and come by the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog and join in. You could be one lucky winner to win a 30.00 gift certificate to the online store. 
Have a great day!!

14 comments:

  1. This IS just the cutest tin EVER !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You've done it again! So cute!! It's me and my 3 boys! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So dang cute! Love your little wheel creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool & creative! Way to think outside the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. COOL alteration! LOVE the wagon you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudine this is stinking cute. So cute and adorable ! Great work. Fantastic fantasy. You are so clever. Thank you for sharing this cute tin.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Claudine, such a fabulous idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. coolest little thing ever!! love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such fun Claudine, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete