Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Roc Nicholas Design Team

Welcome, welcome! This is my very first post for the Roc Nicholas design team and I'm so excited about it.
You can find Roc's fabulous stamps on the Stampotique Originals site


Roc's Stamps are so fun to work with, they come together so well and make for the most interesting creations

For my first post I decided to work in my art journal. My New Years Resolution is to work in my art journals a lot more this year and really concentrate on finishing at least one of them. For this one I am working in a 6x8 spiral bound journal

I got started with my gelli plate, I bought a new 5x7 gelli plate before Christmas and I haven't had a chance to use it, I figured this was a perfect time
I also grabbed a few of the new stencils I got



I started out with acrylic paint in a light pink and light green color and also used the larger stencil

This is how my print turned out



I liked it but it was a little plain so I did another round on the gelli plate, this time using turquoise and yellow paint and the smaller stencil


I figured it looked good, I went with this one
I added some burgundy paint with a old gift card, I just scraped it on here and there


After all had dried I stamped Roc's Squiggle Arms stamp at the top of my page
I also used white and turquoise paint to color in the squiggles to make them stand out more
I added a piece of black paper with white circles to the bottom portion of my page


a closer look at my squiggles


Lastly I used Roc's stamps..  BunnyLearning to fly and Crooked House and stamped them all onto separate white card stock, heat embossed them and then colored them all with copic markers. 
I then cut them all out and added them to my page
I also added some black painted dots and a strip of doodled paper under the house

Here is my finished page:


Roc's stamps bring the page together nicely

Again, here are Roc's stamps I used on this page



I hope you like my journal page, it sure was fun to create
 I will be posting for the design team on the 7th each month so I hope you will join me again in February!
Make sure to check Roc's blog for more design team inspirations!!

10 comments:

  1. Great page Claudine, the flying bunny is wonderful :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rabbit used like Dumbo with his ears as wings! Great idea and that rabbit stamp is wonderful - got to have that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did an amazing piece of art! loved seeing how you made it from start to finish. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quirky fun-ness of this! Your Gelli print is fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your journal page and that flying rabbit is just amazing! Love the quirky house too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page, Claudine ! Love the background !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this journal page. Your use of the gelli plate has inspired me to take mine out of the packaging and have a play - thank you! And how exciting to be part of Roc's design team - woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wonderful Gelli plates arent they. Great page Claudine, very quirky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fun and SO adorable Claudine, just love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iove bunnies anyway and this is so cute!! From the vivid colors to the quirky design- your page is great! Have to get me some Roc stamps!!

    ReplyDelete