Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 17

Hello and welcome back to week 17 of this challenge. I am posting a day late because I couldn't get my stuff together last week and finish my cards! Can you believe it? I slip up too and get behind. haha!

If you have missed any of the previous week's here are the links

and our Facebook page

and the Pinterest Board link

Pinterest Board

For this week I kind of just winged it and went with whatever I felt.. I knew I wanted to use Tim Holtz distress paints, I have a lot of them and I don't use them nearly enough

I picked out tow colors for my background (this works best if you have two or more colors) 

unfortunately I accidentally added way too much paint onto my craft sheet
I went with it...


I spritzed my paint with some water and also my APC
Then just run your card through the paint, it gives this marbling effect, I love it


The paint is so cool

I figured that since I had so much paint left over, why not just use it, I used the same color for my second altered playing card for this week too


So both backgrounds this week are going to be the same colors

I then used some Dylusions stamp sets for my images, this week was all about the Birds! haha!
Here is one set I used How Does Your Garden Grow and the other was Birds on a Wire

I stamped each image and heat embossed them with black embossing powder
I then colored my first bird with distress markers and used a water brush to "push" my color around my image



I used Copic Markers on my blue bird and distress markers on the other bird and hat
These will be my images

Next I picked out a stencil and only wanted a portion of it so I used sticky notes to section off the portion I wanted to use



I am going to use that flower in the upper lefthand corner 

I used Wendy Vecchi's black embossing paste here


I just love the pop of black against that background 
Set this aside to thoroughly dry, at least 45 minutes

While that card was drying
 I added a bit of washi tape here and there on my second APC


I also took a small lid and added some black acrylic paint around the rim to create some circles


I used a black marker to bring out my zig zag lines


and lastly I added some circles with my white gel pen


I then wrote my sentiment myself and cut it out and adhered everything
Last thing I did was draw some hearts in the upper corner of the card
(I ended up adding white ribbons to the hearts later, you will see this in the next photo)


Here is my first finished Altered Playing Card


For my second card, once the embossing paste was dry I cut out some skinny bird legs for my bird, these were cut out of some scrap printed paper
I adhered the bird and legs to my card


I don't know why I didn't take more photos of my steps for this card but as you can see
~ I added some black paint lines here and there with my credit card
~I also used a black marker to draw my grass and then went over that with white gel pen as well
~I added a few white gel pen dots to the center of my large flower
~ I wrote out my own sentiment and cut it out and adhered it.
~ I also ended up coloring my own white dots onto my birds legs
Sorry I didn't take photos for these steps, I will be more careful about that next week, I guess I just got into a rush


and here are my two week 17 cards together


This week was hectic for me but it's always fun to slow down and get crafty each week. I just love doing these cards, they are really fun and easy since they are smaller in size.

I think the theme for this week could either be "Birds" or "Blessings" or even "Pink and Red backgrounds" haha! What do you think?

Enjoy your week, I will see you back here next Monday and as always, remember to show me what you post or create!! 
CHEERS!!

11 comments:

  1. Cute cards!! Love birds so it will be fun to play with this week's challenge. Backgrounds are so vibrant!! Thanks Claudine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these. The red/pink and black is really striking. Ooh goody, embossing paste. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definite challenge this week Claudine as i really dislike pink and red, feel i have done well. Thanks for your inspiration as always :-) xxx
    Here's the link to my blog post:
    http://massofhair.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/altered-apcs-week-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the red and pink! Never too much paint...lol! LOVE the bird and hat too! So crazy fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birds are adorable, and I loved the ones you created this week. Of course, I really loved the one with the hat. That was SO clever.

    Mine this week:
    http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/01/apcs-week-17-its-for-birds.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this background technique! The color combo you picked this week is also a favorite!

    Here are mine:
    http://craftymoosecrafts.blogspot.com/2015/01/apc17.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just joined the FB Group - fantastic challenge and inspiration! Added mine to the FB album for week 17 and am now working on week 16 to attempt to catch up LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fun birds theme this week! I love the stamping with distress ink, the results are so fun!
    I have both week 17 and 18 on my blog.
    Thanks so much!
    ~kim

    http://tangledbluerose.blogspot.com/2015/01/weeks-17-18-altered-playing-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claudine, here they are at last. Hugz

    http://craftynomad.blogspot.no/2015/02/snap.html

    ReplyDelete