Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Stampotique Challenge 178 - Color Splash

Hello all and welcome back to the blog. This week over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog our wonderful Kaz is our hostess and she has chosen the theme "Color Splash".  She would like to see some bright colors to cheer us up in the dim days of January!

This is a fun and perfect challenge for these cold winter months and you all know that I love bright colors!

I decided to do a set of coasters this year for my family to use. It lets me display my creations around the house in a utilitarian kind of way. haha! 
I decided to use this challenge to make my first one.

I bought this set of cardboard coasters at Michael's  and added gesso to the one side. This preps them to take the paint that I'm going to apply



I didn't do a full tutorial, I got a little carried away and forgot to take photos
I used Dina Wakley's paints to paint my background and added a bit of wash tape, used some stencils and added my stamped images, which were colored with copic markers
I sealed this coaster with Duncan's Collage Pauge


For this coaster I used Stampotique Stamps

I Am My Art - In Carol's Collection
Peggy - By Artists Jill Penney and Daniel Torrente

Thanks for coming by and make sure to join in the challenge over at The Challenge Blog youc ould win a 30.00 gift certificate to the online store.

3 comments:

  1. I so love your coaster, Claudine! And, Peggy could definitely be you, my friend. I have her and love her, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coaster Claudine, bright colours and Peggy creating her ArT, perfect:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the bright background with the black bits. Very fun image. Hugz

    ReplyDelete