Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Altered Puzzle Challenge Week 6

Welcome back to the blog everyone, thanks again for coming by. If your following along with the Altered Puzzle Challenge,
we are onto week 6


Here are the links to the previous posts for this challenge


Our Facebook group is here:


We are creating pieces 9 and 10 and
I started with my first piece but adding Dylusions paint to my background. First yellow....


Then some orange  (I added all these colors with a sponge on my finger)


I added red with the side of my credit card by just scraping it downward


Next I added turquoise with a Tim Holtz stencil


and lastly I added a bit of hand writing with my Zig pen
I wrote a quote that my husband just had engraved onto my wedding ring.
"Place me like a seal over your heart" 
Song of Solomon 8:6


Next I added a tad bit of white paint here and there with my brush


Now that I have my background done, I am going to cover up most of it... LOL..
I die cut this heart  and added a bit of double sided removable sticky tape and stuck it into the middle of my puzzle piece


I then used black paint to smudge along the edges


Once I removed the die cut heart, you can see the bright colored background
I then added white paint around my edges


I used my pen again to write the word "Love" and then cut it out
I also used a baby wipe to wipe some of the white paint off around the edges
Here is my first finished puzzle piece


For the second piece I used some Tim Holtz paper and glued a piece to my background and cut it out



Next I used wash tape and added some to a piece of card stock and cut it into a stem
This is going to act as the stem for a flower I'm going to create


To create the flower, I decided to use Wendy Vecchi clearly for art in pitch black
I am also using Ranger's alcohol inks in Metallic silver and gold
 I cut my clearly for art using Tim Holtz movers and shapers tattered flowers die


Simply use a distress tool to apply the alcohol ink onto the clearly for art flowers



Next, heat up the clearly for art and shape it as much as you want. I ended up only using one of the flowers that I cut out
I found a video where Wendy shows how to make a similar flower HERE

I added a Tim Holtz mini gear to the center of my flower and figured out where I wanted this flower to go onto my background. Using E6000 glue I adhered to my background


I added my sentiment and trimmed the stem on the bottom of my flower and last I used my copper pen to edge the piece


Here is my finished 2nd piece


and here are my two pieces together


and the puzzle together


So far so good? I hope you have fun creating your pieces this week. 

2 comments: