Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Willowing - Life Book Class

So over at http://www.willowing.org I am taking part in an online class called Life Book 2012. My husband bought me the year long class for a my birthday (as an early gift) and I took my first class today. It was just great, the teacher is Tamara Laporte and she is quirky and silly and so fun. She made drawing a face super easy and takes you on a step by step process to mixed media art journaling. This was my very first attempt at drawing a face, so don't expect too much haha! I had some trouble with the lips, she's a bit pouty faced lol.  For this months class it was all about celebrating your "Goddess" superpowers. I didn't like the word "goddess" so I used "creative" instead. I really love how she used your best features as the focus of this page. Take a look at how mine turned out and any feedback is most welcome.

 

9 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, I just love it Claudine. Please, please can you help me learn how to draw a face like that????!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Claudine! Is this really your first face! It is wonderful!! You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful eyes, these classes sound like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://natashamay.blogspot.com is doing this class and has blogged about it too thought you might enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! Are you hooked on art journaling yet? I've heard good things about that class. BTW, I don't like the way the word goddess is being used these days, either. I like your substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudine, great job!! I'm also in the class, but am still working on my face. I, too, am not fond of the goddess word; I like your substitution. Look forward to seeing more of your work through the year

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very inspiring, Claudine, your face is a bit pouty but very real looking. i like your substitution of creative

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a first time drawing a face, this is fabulous! Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..this is Amazing!! The face is so realistic looking and I love the page you've created!...I'm just getting started with Art Journalling...just picked up a few things yesterday. This is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete