Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 14

Welcome back to the blog everyone. This is week 14 of The Altered Playing Card Challenge, we have done 26 cards so far so we are half way through the entire deck!! How awesome! 


If you have missed any of the previous week's here are the links

and our Facebook page

and the Pinterest Board link

Pinterest Board

This week our theme is Reindeer or should I say Christmas! Really it could be either. haha!

For the first card, I have this stamp and die cut set by Stampin' up. It's got snowflake stamps and matching dies. 
I used the die cut and a white piece of card stock to cut out a snowflake
Make sure to cut your piece of white card stock bigger than your playing card because we will be using that piece to cover the background of our card. Mine was a bit short on a few sides. Just set the cut out snowflake aside, you won't be using it for this project
( if you do not have this die you can use any die that you have it doesn't even have to be a snowflake)



Next I used a snowflake embossing folder to emboss my piece of card stock 

For the next step I used my stamp, versa mark and red glitter embossing powder
I first put my piece of white embossed card stock over my playing card and used the snowflake cut out as a "guide"

I then took a pencil and lightly drew in where each of the points were on my snowflake cut out, this way, I know exactly where to stamp my snowflake (in the photo below you can see the little half circle drawing guides)


Next I stamped and embossed my snowflake (all of this was directly onto the gesso background) Be careful when heating your embossed image because the gesso will bubble if your not careful) 


When I lay my white embossed paper over my card you can see how it isn't quite centered onto my playing card but that's ok, I will make it work


Next, just glue your white embossed paper onto your card and trim the excess paper
Your card now looks like this....


Next you are going to want to get some light blue card stock and just tear some small pieces... long enough to fit across the bottom of your playing card, this will act as your snow at the bottom


I inked the edges of mine with blue archival ink and then adhere to the bottom of your playing card and trim off the excess


For the next step I used Tim Holtz movers and shapers reindeer and a darker blue card stock. It's the perfect size for small cards such as this one.


Simply glue your reindeer onto your card, stamp, print out or write your words and adhere those as well and WHALLA! Your done with card #1


For the next card, I used light blue acrylic paint and brushed it onto the front of my card, I did not cover my entire background as you can see.


Once the paint is dry, I then stamped a bit darker blue snowflakes here and there (for some reason my photo of this won't upload, so sorry)

I did stamp my sentiment and also edged everything with versa fine ink so here is the background and the edging


Next I stamped a reindeer onto white card stock with brown ink and cut it out (I used Tim Holtz stamp set called Styled Woodlands for the reindeer)


I also stamped the bow from this same stamp set and, like the 1st card) used versa mark and red glitter embossing powder. I then cut that out.


I also used a set of trees stamp and green embossing powder with those. I cut those out as well


I kinda of laid it all out onto my card to see where I liked everything and then glued everything down


I then added my sentiment...


And here are both cards together:


I hope you enjoyed the Christmas/Reindeer theme this week. Have fun and we will see you next week!!

WINNER!!


The winner of last week's drawing is:

After a bit of a search, I found I had two bees for this weeks challenge. Details: www.creativechooke.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/apc-challenge-week-12_11.html
 Congrats Helen, please send me your address so I can get your prize in the mail. 
jasminngirl411 at yahoo.com


16 comments:

  1. Love these cards! stunning designs and colors! Great project to start on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thanks Claudine. I had to look twice when I read that I was the winner of last weeks draw. I very rarely win anything so I am really excited. I really enjoy playing along with the challenge each week - thank you!!! Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic. Love the deer, the snowflakes, the blue. Congrats to Helen. Feeling inspired. You might get me in the Xmas mood yet! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love reindeers so these two cards are favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Helen!!!! Claudine, this week's cards are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Helen! So happy for you! Great inspiration this week, Claudine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Helen! Loving this weeks theme such fab reindeer :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE both of these Claudine! The red glitter is so awesome here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love working with holiday stamps, especially deer! Congrats to Helen! Off to play!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh, these are lovely too! Such cute reindeer. Sorry I've not had a chance to play along recently... I've been snowed under with preparations for kids' birthdays and Christmas, while also having picked up two extra shifts a week, so trying to figure out how to fit everything in still! But I'm pretty sure that after boxing day, things should calm down a little and I can play catch-up...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claudine here is the link to weeks 13 and 14 Challenges, really enjoyed altering the APC's, thanks for the inspiration :-)

    http://massofhair.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/apcs-weeks-13-and-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats go to Helen. This week's prompt was another difficult one for me, since I have no dies and most of the products used. However, I did the best I could:

    http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2014/12/altered-playing-cards-week-14-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful examples again, and I managed to make it work even without die cuts or embossing machines. Here are mine this week:

    http://craftymoosecrafts.blogspot.com/2014/12/apc14.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, here's my week 14 at last!! Such fun. Definitely need to get some group photo's. They are looking good

    http://craftynomad.blogspot.no/2015/01/so-far-behind-oh-deer-oh-deer.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such awesome cards Claudine! Love the snowflakes!
    Finally catching up a bit.
    I made week 14 here,
    http://tangledbluerose.blogspot.com/2015/01/apcc-week-14january-catch-up.html
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete