Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Tim's 12 Tags Day 2

This is just taking me most of the day to finish but I am really loving this challenge. I really like the idea of using what I have and trying to incorporate that into the 12 days of tags. So today I'm going to do something new and list everything I used and also list the items that I used in place of Tim's items. Yay!
So first off, here is my tag for today :)


*So First of all I didn't have any of the craft resist paper so I used a regular manilla tag and stained it with Tim Holtz distress stain in old paper and antique linen. Then I stamped the Tim Holtz sheet music from his Festive Sounds stamp set and used clear embossing powder to heat set it. I then stamped the holly with a Stampin Up set called Bells and Boughs (with the black Achrival Ink stamp pad) and used Tim's Distress stains to color it.
*I did have the Picket Fence Distress Stain - so I used that over the top and Perfect Pearls mist.
I sort of wish I would have embossed it with black instead so it would  have popped more but o-well. It's a subtle look.
 *I created the reindeer exactly how Tim did his, I did have all the materials for that.
*Instead of the edging die that Tim used, I used his Alterations Scrollwork edge die (it's the only one I have) I thought it came out nice though. Everything else with the edge I did the same as Tim
* Instead of burlap for the ribbon, I tore an old piece of fabric with flowers on it and tattered it up and stained it with Tim's walnut distress stain, made it look real grungy. 
*Instead of the pine stem, I used a piece of wired edge silver holiday ribbon.
*instead of the silver star charm the Tim used, I used a snowflake button, cut the back off and edged it with the Adirondak Gold Paint Dabber
* and I did use the muse token and trinket pin like Tim's as well. 

I think that's about it, hope I covered everything :) enjoy!!


5 comments:

  1. UBER great job!!! You voiced my heart completely---regarding the blessing of the challenge of incorporating what I own to create something using other supplies:) Fabulous and thank you so much for sharing!!! Be blessed beyond measure
    Tammy
    www.bbbm.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background...more red! You must like it like I do. Your trim totally looks like leather too...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that reindeer with the wreath :) Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag: I love how the reindeer is balanced on the scrollwork border. Love the poinsettia in the background too.

    ReplyDelete