Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tim's Tags Day 3 Yippeeeeee!!!!

It's been a long day today with running around and working on Christmas cards but I still have to make time for my Tim tag. I didn't have some of the supplies that Tim used but I'm actually enjoying coming up with my "make it work" moments. I'm loving it. So here is my tag for today.


Ok so on this tag I didn't have the cut and dry felt or the reinkers or the stamp that goes with the embossing folder Soooo.... I used the embossing folder and acrylic paint (just the cheap kind from Michael's) so what I did was painted the inside of the embossing folder's words, each with a different color of paint. I painted the embossed or endented side of the folder. Once it was done, it was sort of messy, so I ran a sheet of scrap paper through first, then, without painting more, I ran the tag through. It gave it this really cool distressed look. Some of the green and red paint smeared but it really looks cool I think. Then I just followed Tim's steps for distressing and I also used Walnut Stain ink pad to go over the top.
This one was fun and I like how the paint looks. :)
 

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! Good way to improvise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is striking on your tag! I love how the paint is distressed looked too. Way to improvise. And...I am digging that ribbon...shabby chic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE making it work...your mojo is white hot right now! I can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag! Great way of color blocking. And nice embellishments.

    ReplyDelete