Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Rolodex Swap


For the month of October the theme got the Rolodex swap in the AllThingsTim yahoo group is Fall. I am so glad that this theme and the Simon Says Stamp and Show 
Theme's coincide so I can join the challenge and make the rolodex card all in one!! How awesome!! The theme for SSS and show is Leaf-spiration!! I am also entering this into (for the first time ever) Frilly and Funky's "fall into fall" challenge. I just love fall leaves and the beauty of the season. For this one I used the Tim Holtz die "tattered leaves" and cardstock. I cut them out and then stamped one of Tim's word stamps onto one of them and used another word stamp on the other one. I then ran them through in an embossing folder and used some of the fabulous Tim Holtz distress stain in the new metallic colors on them. Once that was dry I lightly went over them with Vintage Photo distress ink. For the background I went over the card with Orange marmalade distress ink and fired brick and also vintage photo around the edges. Then stamped the tattered tree branch (not Tim's can't remember the name of this one) 
I also cut out some smaller leaves and branches from Tim's strip die "autumn gatherings" with distress paper and tattered them up, using inks and sanding. 
I used a Stampin' Up alphabet set for the word "fall" and then went over it with a white gel pen and also added the white dots around the edge to frame.
I added a button with burlap ribbon for the finishing touch. Hope you like it!!!



Here are a few links to help you find the items I used.


13 comments:

  1. Your embossed leaves came out gorgeous!!! I love the background, and can tell the sheen of the metallics have been used! The button is so perfect here as well! Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! You took the right colours for fall.
    The finishing like the button and white dots makes it all
    complete.
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty card but then your cards are always great. Love the leaves. They look like they need to be touched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool leaves! Love the texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great rolodex card! I really love the colors and dot embellishments, and even more the partial dry embossing on the leaves. Fabulous! Thanks for joining in at Frilly & Funkie, Claudine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely piece! The colors are exquisite. I love this idea of decorating a Rolodex card. You've packed alot of wonderful detail into a relatively small space. Such beautiful embossed leaves. The little button is a perfect embellishment! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Claudine! Love the embossed leaves and the white gel pen details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah....Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning rolodex card! Amazing color use! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have wondered what the rolodex card swap was, now I know! What beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rolodex card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool - love the altered rolodex! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! Love your dry embossed and textured leaves. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete