Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Words & Phrases Chaos Swap


I have joined another Chaos swap on my All Things Tim yahoo group. This will make the third one that I have joined. One was the Halloween, two was Christmas and this one is Words and Phrases. Can you tell I love these? My tag was a smaller one up in the upper right hand corner so I couldn't fit a whole lot on my tag but I used my space wisely. LOL.
My Quote comes from the Tim Holtz Stamp Set
Odds and Ends, this set also has the outline of the tags too. So I used both for my tag. I really love this quote, it's one of my favorites from Tim.
First thing I did was stamp the tag and quote and then I used Tim's Stamp Blocks, one of the smallest rectangle ones is the exact size of the tag stamp so I used that to cover my stamp while I went over the edges with Distress Inks. I used DI in colors Peacock, Faded Jeans and also Seedless Preserves. They blended well together and by using the stamp block I didn't gt any on the white center where I stamped my quote.


I then ran it through the Sizzix machine inside a small gear folder that I have, not sure even where I got it. I stamped the Words "Art" and "Shadow" in the two colors and cut each little one out and added it to the quote to make it pop more!
I then ran over the gear embossing with Distress Ink in black soot. I have some funky ribbon that matched pretty well with the bright colors so I added that.
I didn't think the tag was quite done so I made some shrinky dink charms that say "Enjoy The Journey" stamped with one of Tim's stamps. I added alcohol inks in the same colors to match. 

I had to make 12 for the swap so these are some of the finished tags. Here is a close up of the charm.

I hope your having a wonderful crafty week!!!

9 comments:

  1. Great quote!!! And your tags are gorgeous. I love your Tim stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty I really like the blue and purple plus how you highlighted art and shadow. Hope to see you again at next Wednesday's SMWYG art linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Great idea to use the block as a mask. Love the texture of the gears, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very beautifull your tags ....I love the colors !!!
    Great job 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fab...love the bright bold colors! The ticket use is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors and a great design, the other participants in the swap are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tags! I love the colours. Happy swapping, hope you get back tags as beautiful as these! Have a nice day, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tags are fabulous! I love how the background color frames the black and white in the middle. :)

    ReplyDelete