Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Recycled Paper Stash Birthday Card

I have so many family Birthday's in November that I have been making loads of cards. I always like to send homemade cards for everyone because I just feel that they are a treasure to keep forever. I wish I got more homemade cards for Holiday's, I really love them. 

This is a card for my brother. Him and my father have been working together for years in my Father's Foundation business and my Dad gets tons of plans all the time that he has to asses and put bids out on. Well, I have this really cool paper that someone sent me once that looks like recycled plans. So I used that for one of the backgrounds here. Then I used a paper bag advertisement that I had laying around for another portion of the background.
I used a few Stampin' Up Stamps for the boat and phrase and a few Tim Holtz brads. Also added some bakers twin to match. It's a simple card but I think he will love it!!
 

5 comments:

  1. Claudine, I'm stopping by from Mary Walker's Show Me link up. The card you made for your brother is so nice! I'm always stumped when it comes to making masculine cards but this is perfect. I'm your newest follower and I'd love it if you would come over and visit and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudine, I'm sure your brother loves this card.
    Congratulate your brother from me! :-))
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look alike plans...so cool! That ship is fabulous...so manly...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhhhhh, Tim Holtz 😃
    Very beautifull card,
    Love
    Marie

    ReplyDelete