Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Steampunk Spiders for Halloween

I am in yet another Halloween swap on my yahoo group, AllthingsTim. This months ATC swap theme was Steampunk Hallween and I decided to do a little steampunkish spider for mine. I just got this really cool Memory Box spider web die the other day and I just love how it looks against the cardstock. I used Tim Holtz alcohol inks on the background in shades of Wild Honey and Seedless Preserves. On top of that I added (my favorite) Brushed Pewter distress stain, it makes it looks like the fog is rolling in behind the spider web. I love the effect that the brushed pewter gives it.
For the spider I used some of Tim Holtz Idea-ology gears for the body and then a black gem for the head and I added a little sparkle gem as well. I used some metal wire for the web string coming out of the spider.  The "Boo" was cut out of Tim's Big Letter Die with some cardstock and then some metal tape on top of it to give it a metal look. I didn't distress them because I really wanted them to just be metal and to pop a little. Hope you all enjoy the ATC. :)

Be on the look out for my next post, there will be a give-a-way :)



3 comments:

  1. I love them! I wanted to join that swap and did not! I have to watch for the next ones coming! Great Idea using the gear for the spiders body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, I LOVE these they are all great! And I love your Halloween Boo ATCs, I wish I could have one...wanna trade? hugs Dar (dardarbinx@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I LOVE them all! especially the Halloween Boo, wanna trade? hugs Dar

    ReplyDelete