Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

A Birthday Card for Tim


Well everyone who knows me know that I just love Tim Holtz and all of his inspiration and great products and I use them in almost everything that I make. Well this month over at Studio L3 Linda has been going through Tim's Book "Compendium of Curiosities II" and this is the Finale month for those challenges. It's all about making a Birthday Card for Tim and we can use any of the techniques from Tim's book I or book II for this one. I didn't think I'd be able to finish one in time but I went to my craft room and didn't come out until it was done. I also made some really cool ATC's for a swap in my AllThingsTim Yahoo group swap too. They both have sort of the same theme. So two projects done!! Yay!!
Hope that you like:
For this background I used Tim's Technique called Dabber Resist and it's found in Book I page 37. 
This is a picture of the backgrounds of the ATCs



 I also used alcohol inks and created a background with some plastic packaging. I used the packaging to cut out some wings from Tim's movers and shapers butterfly.


The final outcome came out great I think. Here is a picture of the card and my ATCs. Also, for the card I used one of Ranger's Giant Manilla Tags, I love these, they are the perfect size for folding in half and making a card.



So this card will be entered into the Studio L3 challenge this week and Linda is giving away a monogramed apron which she is getting signed by Tim and Mario and also some extra goodies to boot! She is so generous!!! Thanks Linda!!


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! That image is one of my favourites!
    Tim will love this card Claudine!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birthday boy! Fabulous techniques and gorgeously done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magical card, Claudine!!! Tim will be delighted, I know, and I'm so happy you enjoyed the challenges.

    Thanks so much for being part of the CC2C finale!

    xo,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And the little monogram on the ribbon is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your card ( I gotta get that stamp... I love it )your background is so cool ...that dabber resist is fantastic !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little guy is just adorable! I love the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudine, guess who's number came up as the winner?? :-)

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    Please email your address to me at linda(at)studioL3(dot)com.

    Yay for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great birthday card for Tim and he will just love it! Love that dabber resist background! Again congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohooo! Congrats on the win! I'm loving how you did the fellow, and I am sure Tim will.

    ReplyDelete