Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Time To Dream


I'm really looking for more time, seriously!! Anyway, my project for today was to make a card for a swap that I'm currently in on the All Things Tim yahoo group. I like the idea of swapping one card with someone else in the group, it's simple, it's only one card and it's sure to be fun!! The theme this month is "Gears Of Time"
I also wanted to partake in a few challenges as well, you know me, I love my challenges. 
Over at Simon Says Stamp and Show the challenge this week is "Lace Love" and over at Ink On my Fingers , Hels has challenged us to "Dream". So I wanted to incorporate these challenges to my "Gears of Time" theme. Here is an explanation of what I did. 
First thing I did was cut out a size 5x7 card out of manilla card stock. I have this really cool lace doily that I got from a friend of mine for misc use and I really wanted to use it in this project. I used Perfect medium and used the doily as a template. I embossed that with some shimmer brown embossing powder. I love the effect that the doily gave me on my card front.



After that was done I then added three colors with Tim's distress inks, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters and Gathered Twigs. The embossed image resisted and showed through so well. I love it!!




Once that was done I grabbed a stamp from one of Tim's stamp sets and used some brown Memento ink to stamp randomly onto the page. (I don't have brown in this color in the Archival inks :( .....I also added a few droplets of water over the top.


I then set that aside to dry. I cut some gears out of Grunge paper and used metallic stains to color them. Then I sanded them a little and went over them with the Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.


I have this really cool stuff that I got from that same friend who gave me the doily. (she has the coolest stuff laying around) and I decided I wanted this on my card so I painted it with a gold and rusty-ish green with acrylic paint. Then I did a quick spritz of Perfect Pearls to finish it off. 



Last but not least, i added some words and gears and finishing touches and whalla!! It's done! I really love how the doily gave the background some depth, it really came out cool and I feel it goes perfectly with the gears.


8 comments:

  1. Love what you have done here. Thanks for the step by step. It brings each element to life to see how you've achieved the look on your fabulous card. The recipient is going to be one lucky person. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you incorporated the doily ... just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the process of how you put your gorgeous card together. I love all the texture and detail on this piece. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the results you get with the distress inks the background is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous use of doilies! And it looks great together with the gears. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous art, love the doily stencilling... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the layers...gorgeous metallics too!

    ReplyDelete