Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fear Nothing

I've been working in my art journal again.. surprise, surprise..
Anyway, I wanted to partake in a few challenges and I really wanted to finish a two page spread that I started awhile back and just didn't finish it. Sometimes you just have to let it set a little bit and then come back to it later. I started this page here:


and I wanted to finish the other side of the page. I started with
Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week, which is "What are you know for". I had to think on that one because, really, there could be a number of things I could be known for.. haha! So in the list of things I thought of, (funny is the best!!) I came up with Butterflies. One of my favorite things in the world are butterflies and I use them quite a bit in the things I create. If you know me, you know I love them, I love what they stand for and I love the way something so beautiful starts out as an ugly caterpillar. I even have a nice tattoo of a butterfly on my wrist.  So I started with that thought and just went with it.
My next challenge was Stampotique Designers Challenge # SDC83 - thier challenge is New Year's Resolution. Mine is to try not to fear or over think things when creating and to just GO with My GUT. The last challenge was from Artists In Blogland - Fall Fearless and Fly, which is black and neon or bold colors. I love this page for it's bold colors too. 
I had already finished the color on the background so I started
this page with Tim's blueprint butterfly stamp and I really wanted the butterfly to be a black silhouette so I did the inside black. The I spritzed it with perfect pearls to give some shine.


Once that was done I decided to stamp the butterfly three more times and cut them out and color them with distress stains and distress markers. Once they were colored I used glossy accents to go over the wings but not entirely. I used a back and forth motion while applying so that the glossy accents looked textured a little. You can kind of see that in this 2nd picture here.

Set that aside to dry and then I did the other two.
While those were drying I cut out some black letters with Tim's  Upon A Tim decorative strip die. 

I like the way it came out but I wasn't sure if I liked the black butterfly at the bottom but I wanted it to be different than the other three. So I stamped the same butterfly onto a piece of packing plastic and colored it with some metallic markers. 
I added it on top of the black and positioned it off center so you can still see the black underneath. I really like the way it turned out. The wings on all the butterflies set up as well so it looks like they are flying over the page.

This is the finished two page spread. I hope you like it. :)




17 comments:

  1. fabulous colours and really love that double page you have created. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say : hope you like it !!! No I dont like it !!! I just LOVE it !! Both of the pages are incredible, beautiful and excellent work of beautifl ART !! Looking at your work makes me feel happy, the colors, the motifs and your creativity.
    Thank you so MUCH for sharing these !!!
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant color! Love your take on the challenge at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous art journal pages! Love the colors and images, so perfectly combined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We great butterflies andsome fab colours! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I love the butterfly page...so gorgeous and vibrant...so you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I forgot to say...Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on winning the other day I saw the posts at atc fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice take on the prompt...loved the various elements!
    Artists in Blogland led me here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pages! I love those colors and butterflies are just amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous pages, Claudine! Love your rich colors and the b'flies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your use of colors. beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice colors, balance and design! very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this page! The inky goodness and perfect pearls and stampotique stamp and butterflies!
    Happy FFF,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors of both the pages are amazing and butterflies are always my favorite.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely bold and bright colors! I too love the butterflies! Gorgeous Flutterbies! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your colors -- so bold and daring -- no fear there! I love your take on the Fall Fearless & Fly challenge. It’s been so great having you participate. Stay tuned for more inspiring stuff coming your way at Artists in Blogland!!

    ReplyDelete