Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hmmm......

You know how you get so excited about trying something that you've seen on the internet?? Well I do that ALL the freaky deaky time and sometimes it just doesn't work out so well. haha!
Today, the wonderful and oh, so talented Tammy Tutterow put out an awesome wood grain technique on her blog Here , I just had to give it a shot, It's so cool. She used the Ranger stamping paper and I think this was my downfall because I don't have any. Yikes!
I used some thicker cardstock with a sort of glossy texture to it. 
I got out my stuff and went to it just like in her video. It was all going ok until I had to wet the cardstock the third time and let it all run together and then stamp .... lol... it sort of turned into a yucky mess. I believe I can use it though and keep going with it.... So I decided to stamp the woodgrain stamp onto all of it with black Archival ink. I'm determined to save it!! Alas, it's pitiful. LOL...



So from there, I decided that I was going to go in a different direction and decided to take a piece of white cardstock and run it through the Sizzix inside the embossing folder.


I went over the texture with Gathered Twigs distress ink and really made it pop. I then took it and sprayed some lovely goosebumps over it to add even more texture. I'm loving the way it came out.


but wait..... lookie there!!! I'm kinda liking this piece of card stock on top of the other piece that didn't come out so well... So, I went with it! Why not??


I needed to join in a few challenges with this card so I decided to add the Words "Wish Big" for Ink On My Fingers, Hel's Challenge.
I'm also entering this one into the Our Creative Corner Challenge this week, which is "Woody With A Button". 
YAY!!! My first challenge over there, I hope I do it right hehe!
Here is my finished card with embellies and Words. Hope you liked my mistake and fixing!! I actually am loving how it came out and I'm so glad I used the "mistake" ...



9 comments:

  1. It's FABULOUS!!!! You know I believe it was Tim Holtz who I once heard say "Mistakes are just another chance for embellishment"...this "mistake turned into a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been quite adventurous here. Good luck with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the end it really turned out great. It was a happy mistake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "mess" became a masterpiece! Love the wood grain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mess it is awesome awesome art!
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right - the two together are better than either piece alone! it's a wonderful card, and would also make an intriguing journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the other one was just fine...I would have just added more distress ink to the white areas. Trust yourself...there is no wrong! What you ultimately did it great though too...love the white washed look wood grain one as well. Fab card with both wood grains...natural and artsy! Way to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with your woodgrain! In art there is no such things as mistakes. Your cards came out awesome. Love them! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete