Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sharing a Journal Page or Two.....

Whew... what a whirlwind of December!! Everything went back to normal today, with the Husband going back to work and my daughter back to school and me back in my art room. YAY!
I have created two art journal pages and had in the back of mind some Challenges that I wanted to submit them into. 

For the first page I used a tutorial I found on Pinterest, I didn't follow it to a -T- because that is just so unlike me but I did use some of the techniques that she used and the over all idea was the same. I had some issues with the spray trying to come off but overall I think that page come out ok.
For this page, I am submitting it into the following Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - For The Totally Made Tea Party (No rules)
Order Of the Opus Gluei - Free For All
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - New Something Challenge (my star stencils are brand new and I couldn't wait to break them out and use them here)

Both Simon Says Blogs are giving away 50.00 gift certificates to the Simon Says Stamp Store .. They are so wonderful!!



The Next Journal page was from a tutorial on the Ranger site with Dyan Reaveley. She is so great and I just love her backgrounds so I decided to give it a go on this one. I just love how this background came out so bold and bright.
This page is going to be entered into the following challenge:
Stampotique SDC81 Challenge - they always give away a 30.00 gift card for their Stampotique Store. Love these stamps!! I'm thinking this page isn't quite done yet I might go back and add more later.


16 comments:

  1. Both are very cool, Claudine! So glad you finally got some play time :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mixed media, love it... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Yoda's quote... nicely done.
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers challenge in the New Year.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great journal pages! I really love that first one! Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both journal pages are great. Love the Yoda quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are two fab pages, I love your stenciling and the Yoda quote. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique's Designer Challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers girl! Amazing design and color on these pages! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous and strong colours! thanks for sharing your creation over at SDC

    ReplyDelete
  10. FabulouS page. I love that quote! Great background. I like the black along the bottom edge it really makes the colours pop! Thank you for joining Stampotique Originals this week. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your colourful pages Claudine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, the colours are so beautiful! Thanks for joining the SDC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both pages are great, but seeing as I love Prom Queen and think that background is amazing, it's my favourite!

    Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The background on this is amazing! Love it and thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these pages, Claudine! Isn't it nice when the 'others' in the family hit the road for a few hours a day?

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely pages and Prom Queen looks great on her page. Thank you for joining us at the Stampotique Designers challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete