Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Stampotique Designer's Challenge 175 Edgar Allan Poe

Welcome back to another fun Wednesday with Stampotique
This week our lovely Kay Wallace is our hostess and she has challenged us to do something in the theme 
"In The Words Of Edgar Allan Poe"

Ok, I LOVE this theme, there are so many wonderful quotes from Edgar Allen Poe and it was so hard for me to chose just one to work with



I decided to do a journal page and my inspiration for this page was France Papillon
I have always loved France's work, she does the most amazing journal pages and always has such a knack for creating beautiful things, plus she always does a free tutorial on her blog on Monday's, amazing!!

I used Stampotique Stamps -
French Text - By Artist Jo Capper-Sandon
1879 Postmark - By Artist France Papillon
Love Definition - By Artist Amy Wilson Wellenstein
Mrs Snottie - By artist Daniel Torrente

I started out with some paper towel that I use as my background when I spray my Dylusions, Adirondak color wash,   or any other kind of spray. I always put paper towels behind my work so that the spray doesn't get everywhere and then I save them
I used decoupage on my page and then pressed my paper towel into it, I then tore it off before all of it was permanently stuck
This left me with some of the paper towel and some of just the ink left
The paper towel looks quite dark in this photo but it has colors




Once that was dry, I used various stamps and stencils on my background


Here is my final journal spread!
My quote says: "I don't Suffer From Insanity but Enjoy Every Minute Of It"


Thanks for coming by, I hope you will partake in the challenge over at the  Designer's Challenge Blog
Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool - this is a great piece. Perhaps you'd like to enter it at our QUOTH THE RAVEN Challenge ? :-D xx
    http://poequoththeraven.blogspot.gr/2014/11/quoth-raven-quest-39-anything-poes-dt.html

    IKE x

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING Claudine, loving the inspiration from France and your own beautiful background colours and images. Gorgeous quote too :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun spread! Love the Stampotique gal on the plain kraft contrasting with the colorful background.

    ReplyDelete