Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 - November

I'm doing so good because I've been at home crafting lately. I had been so behind in all the challenges I love and also 

Since I've had my foot surgery I've been stuck at home, which is a good thing because I'm catching up on all things crafty! 
I had long loved Tim's 12 Tags and I've always done all of them. I have missed a few this year due to other obligations but I vow to catch up on those I've missed. I was able to sit down and do November's tag. I was in AWE when I saw his tag this month, it's just beautiful! Tim is always so creative!

I didn't have all the wonderful supplies that Tim used but I did improvise on those items. 
As you all know, I am doing postcards instead of tags this year. I always make two, one for me and one for a friend

I started out by choosing my Distress Paint colors for my backgrounds and followed Tim's directions for applying them



I used the Layered Butterfly Die and embossing folder instead of the leaf one that Tim used.... I didn't have the stencil Tim used so I used the Burlap one


I also did not have the foil so I used Zing embossing glitter


Again, I didn't have any Distress Spray Stains (next on my shopping list) so I used my Adirondack Sprays


To add the gold I used Distress Paint and splashed and painted it on with a paintbrush


I didn't even realize how many substitutions I had to use until I started this post but hey, that is what the tags are all about, doing your own thing with Tim's tutorial. 

Here is my finished Postcards:




I am really loving how they came out, the colors are beautiful and I love the cardboard!! 
Make sure to check out Tim's Tag for November, it's just stunning!

27 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! These are amazing Claudine! Just stunning!
    I'm so tempted to play along next year, but it's a little daunting to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just incredible, Claudine! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is phenomenal! Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudine! These tags are to die for!! Amazing textures and colours... beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've offset the butterflies. Great pieces. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this Claudine! So beautiful and I love the butterfly colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME!!! LOVE the use of the off center butterfly...great improvisation! Fab take!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (whispering)....I think I love this one more! lol Your improving with supplies on hand were perfect! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your postcard is really stunning! I love the effect of the cardboard and the colorful butterfly!

    I'm a little behind this week but hope to have my APCs done today! Will link on that post, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Claudine,I just LOVE yiour tke on Tim's tag. You made a beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual you created fabulous art. What a great way to make the November tag even without having the "right" ingredients. You are right : making it alternative is just as good and can be a lovely challenge.
    Thanks a lot for sharing your gorgeous art. You always inspire me !
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the tag. I too did not make a tag, but rather a canvas. My die was too big for the tag. Your colours are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are great. Really like the contrast of the brights with the cardboard. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Claudine, well done on your win!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Claudine, you did such a good job on these with fantastic results. Congrats on your win with Tim xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Tags, Claudine!! You always do such great work!
    Congrats on your win! :)
    Hugs,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done in your win Claudine xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratz Claudine! So happy for you on your win for Tim's tag! Your butterfly is so pretty! Love how you made it yours with supplies on hand.Super!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I can see why your "tags" are winners! They are wonderful! Love the off centeredness:). Don't you just love your Layered Butterfly die set??? Love mine, and I may have to steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your win!!! This is truly beautiful....love it done with the butterfly die! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous pieces. Congratulations on your win.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice...Congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this idea with empty space on the butterfly,i made something similar.

    ReplyDelete