Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Stripey Background - Stampotique Challenge 174

Hello all, as you know Wednesday's bring on another super fun challenge over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge Blog

This week our hostess is the lovely Corrie and she is challenging us to do a "Stripey Background" but no using patterned paper for this. 


Ok, I love using stripes so this challenge is right up my alley
I used Stampotique Stamps -

Barcode Text 2 and French Journal Page By artist France Papillon

Daniel's HeartsTwinkie and Checkers By artist Daniel Torrente

I decided to do a journal page for this challenge. I started out with a blank white page and some painters tape

I applied the tape across the page, leaving some blank areas in order to create stripes


I then used different colors of archival inks and applied them across the page over the tape


I then stamped across the page with various stamps


Once that was done, I carefully peeled my tape off the page

I stamped Twinkie and Checkers onto a separate piece of paper and colored them with copics, cut them out and applied to my page.
For Twinkie I made a pair of scissors and a brush, making it seem like he's been up to no good cutting someone's hair

I also added the stamp "Shenanigans" to a piece of paper and added it to my page

Here is my finished journal page



I am kinda in love with this page. I just love the humorousness of Twinkie and "shenanigans" is my new favorite stamp!
Come on over and join us at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog and join in on this fun challenge
CHEERS!!

11 comments:

  1. Fab stripes Claudine! I certainly wouldn't trust Twinkie with my hair!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great color and love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant stripes, love the colours and Twinkie and Checkers look fantastic

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Twinkie looks like he is having a wicked time lol. Great way to make stripes and leave some white space:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh too funny! love the mischief they look like they are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Claudine, I love how you made your stripes, and Twinkie is definitely up to no good lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, love your choice of colours and the way you made the stripes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. Great background. May have to CAS you. Your naughty boys are fabulous. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you created your "white space," Claudine! Perfect trips for your colorful background! Your "add ons" (the scissors and comb) make it obvious what's going on here! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete