So I won a prize on Tim Holtz' blog last week and I got my prize the other day. I was super duper excited. Here is a picture of all the goodies I got...
These are some of the new items that came out from Ranger at CHA this month and I was so excited that Tim sent me so many goodies. I had to bust out these distress paints and use them right away because I have seen some videos on them and they look so cool. Tim sent me Fired Brick and Vintage Photo so these are the colors I'm working with today. (two of my favorite colors in the distress line)
So anyway, I also wanted to partake in a challenge (of course) so I am looking to do something for Simon Says Challenge Blog - Their theme this week is "Paper Piecing" and they are giving away a 50.00 gift voucher to their store, yay!!
....But really I just wanted to play..
First thing I did for this tag was to create a background, I used my two paint colors and put a little on my craft sheet and spritzed with some water. After that I ran my tag through the wet paint.
The paint is so fluid and smooth, it reacts with water and so I spritzed it a little more and it really flows together, almost marble like.. really cool. Once that was the way I wanted it I went ahead and dried it with my heat tool. This paint (unlike regular acrylic paint) doesn't bubble when you dry it, which I love because I'm always in a hurry.
This is what my tag looked like once dry...
Beautiful!! The paint also won't run once dry either, so if I wanted to add more colors or something else on top, the paint is already set so it won't change my paint.
Once my background was done I wanted to try the paint with some clear embossing powder. So for the paper piecing part of this I stamped Tim's blueprint heart onto a piece of card stock with the paint. Before the paint dried I sprinkled it with Ranger's distress clear embossing powder and dried. It works!! I love how the heart came out.
Once that was done I cut out my heart and used distress inks in various colors to color my heart. Then I stamped the same heart stamp onto the bottom of my tag with black Archival Ink.
So then, I wanted to make some of my own red glitter for the little bottle I was going to use on my tag. I had seen a video where Tim made his own with alcohol ink and Distress Stickles clear rock candy dry glitter and so I tried my hand at this. What do you know, it works haha!! That Tim, he's so clever.
I added my colored Glitter to my little bottle and then adhered the word "heart" to the outside. You will see this later, I didn't take a pic, sorry.
I then used some of Tim's music note paper, tore and inked up the edges and adhered those to my tag with the mini staple tool.
Since I'm all about using what I have right now I used a piece of fabric softener to place behind my mini bottle just to make it pop a little more. I also used my handy dandy label tool to make some words for the front of my tag.
Here is a pic of how they look.
I added my words and the Blue Print heart with dimensionals so they would pop a little.
To finish it all off I added a few flowers that I had laying around, inked them up with Distress Ink and TADA!! My Finished tag. Really fun to make and so cool playing around with those wonderful paints. I am SO getting more of that paint. Love it!
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, time for me to pop off this computer and cook some dinner. :)