Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Always ~ Choose To Shine

Today I actually had my entire day free from errands or running around for someone else. I got to spend the morning and part of the afternoon playing in my craft room. 
I worked a little bit on my creation for the Andy Skinner online class that I am taking. Lots of painting and drying so it's taking awhile to do, plus I am just working slowly on it.

I also wanted to do a few challenges today so I made two projects for a few different challenges. I will post both today.

For my first creation I am entering this piece into the following challenge:

Stampotique Designers Challenge - This week the challenge is Pink and Turquoise





I used my Dylusions Journal for this page because it's so wonderful with this Dylusions sprays and I chose to use the sprays for my background. 
I also used some of my Crafters Workshop and Balzer Design stencils on the background.

I used these beautiful Die cut flowers by Memory Box, so delicate and pretty.
I used a stencil by Dina Wakley for the girl faded in the background here. I also used Peacock Feather Distress Ink to make her a little more pronounced.

I printed out my sentiment onto manilla card stock, normally I would just write it but I wanted different lettering this time.


The circles were made out of gelli print leftovers.

and of course my girl, Mrs. Prom Queen by artists Daniel Torrent and Jill Penney for Stampotique. I also added Spider Wings to her. I drew little stars around her with my white gelli pen.


I used a combo of distress markers and distress stain to color her. I am really loving how this page came out and I like how the gal on the right fades into the background and how Prom Queen stands out.
Here is what my finished piece looks like..


Thanks for coming by, my next piece will be in the following post. :)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creations Claudine, thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page , I'm lovin' the 'batgirl'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Claudine! Shine on! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my dearest friend from a million years ago...you my dear have evolved and what a beautiful artist you have turned into. I love your work, and I love the funky fairy girl the best,
    Hugs and Kisses
    Keep up the good work, I can't even tell you how proud I am to say that I knew you when you first started this craft stuff. Ha... I have some of your very first cards, I feel so privileged!!So now you know I expect them to be a bit more in the way of funky fairy's, lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Love how you visualized the quote on your page. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have used the templates, I've got a couple I'm still working on getting the hang of. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW fantastic journal page. Lots of lovely details in there. Thank you for joining in with us over at Stampotique. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous spread, love the circles that attract the eye to the bottom of the page!
    thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete