Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Inspired By...

Remember the book cover that I did the other day in this POST? Well, I wanted to finish the book and continue with the back and put it all together. 

I am entering this finished project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, this week the challenge is "Inspired By"..

I got my inspiration for this book from Linda Coughlin - she is the amazingly talented brains behind Frilly and Funkie and her style is Shabby Chic and everything that she does is just amazing and she is ever so sweet!! 

I went through some of the same techniques as the front but I added Tim Holtz tissue tape, a dictionary page a few different colors. 

This is a photo of the base of the back of the book without the embellishments. I used the gesso resist technique again on the back.


It matches the front but it's not exactly the same. Here is a look at both pages together.


I love the way that they complement each other. I wanted this art journal to have watercolor pages in it so I cut down some 140lb (the good stuff) watercolor paper to size and punched all the holes with the crop-a-dile. 
It's been all put together with binder rings and I added ribbon. 

Close ups of the back of the book with embellishments



Next are photos of the book all put together





Thanks again for coming by the blog, I hope that you liked today's project.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Art Journal covers...WOW!!!! I love all the layers, and the elements you've used...sensational! Your watermark is great too! And you couldn't have a better inspiration...love her too! Thank you so much for being inspired this week and sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book came out really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Claudine! Wish I could see it in person. The texture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layering and texture! Fantastic take on Linda's inspirational work. Love how you mixed the different textures. Glad you joined us this week at Simon Says stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Claudine, I don't know what to say...I am so honored that you would find inspiration in my work that would lead you to create such a magnificent piece as this is. This is just such a gorgeous collage of fantastic elements. I love how you have put it all together! Sensational, just sensational!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete