Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sail Away With Me

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Not too hot and not too cold today, it's just right. (in the words of Goldilocks) lol
I spent the morning running some errands and then came home and went straight into my craft room. 
I'm working on a workshop by Andy Skinner called "The book of ruination". It's fantastic and Andy is so talented. This is a cool project and I cannot wait to show you once I'm done with it. I can't take you through the steps but I can show you my finished book. 
I also worked on an ATC that I want to enter into the Wicked Wednesday's Challenge this week. Their challenge is "Sun and Surf" and their sponsor is 2 Cute Ink

I also want to enter this ATC into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, this week it is "Passport To Fun", it's all about travel and fun!! 

I started out with Ranger's ATC sized card stock and used Distress embossing powder in the color Mustard Seed. I also used a sun stencil by Dina Wakley to create a sun.



I then used three different colors of distress inks to color the my background. 


I chose a Stampin Up stamp set for this ATC called "The Open Sea". It has this really cool background stamp and I used Stampin Up ink in the color Baja Breeze to stamp my background.




I then used the ship stamp and some Ranger super fine black embossing powder to emboss my ship.



I wrote my sentiment on some scrap cardstock that I first colored with Tumbled Glass distress ink and then edged each one with Blue Jean distress ink. I also edged the outside of my card Blue Jeans too.

This came together quite well, simple but a nice outcome.


Thanks for coming by today, I guess I better go get some dinner started. Making lasagna tonight. 



7 comments:

  1. Claudine, this is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your technique, I love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Wicked Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ATC you Made oh my its really beautiful!!!


    MaryR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Great atc's! I love the sun and old sailing vessel! You should submit this to SSS&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic ATC! So many wonderful elements, thanks for sharing your process with us...and thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I absolutely love all the elements that you added and what a great stencil! So glad you joined us at WW and I am totally looking forward to seeing your "book of ruination". :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great ATC - love how you have done this! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun ATC! Love the sun from the stencil! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete