Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Will You Love Me When I'm Old?

Good afternoon blog friends. It's starting to warm up again here in Virginia, let's hope it stays warm for awhile. Last week it was back down in the 50's for a few days. brrr!

For today's project I am still working on filling my 7 Gypsie's Library Drawer so I made a 4x6 card and I'm going to partake in the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show, this week it's all about, "Into the Woods". Anything woody or woodland creatures or anything to do with wood is fair game. Of course they always give away a 50.00 voucher to one random winner, so that's a super plus to joining. You should definitely check it out and play along.


I started my project with some of Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Glassine paper and the woodgrain embossing folder to create a tree trunk wood background.


I used a combo of walnut stain and black soot distress inks to run across the top of my glassine paper to create depth and bring out that woodgrain.
I also used a piece of off-white card stock for my background and used the Paper Distresser and walnut stain ink on the edges. I really like the way the glassine looks, the wood embossing looks so real

Next I used a cut out of the Umbrella Man that I had done a long time ago for a postcard. I used the inside of this die for my postcard but I had kept the cut out for some reason and so I decided I wanted to use it here. I had cut this out of black cotton fabric.
I adhered him to my card with glossy accents, I love that you see the wood through him

I used some of my Tim strip dies to make some paper flowers and flourishes for the bottom righthand corner
I also edged them with walnut stain

For the middle of the flower I used a small strip of glassing and just rolled it up. I adhered the flower together with my glue gun 



I then used some red paper with black writing and Tim's Mover and Shaper Heart to make a heart. I didn't use the heart that was cut out, instead I cut another heart to mimic the umbrella man, so you can see though it and there is an outline of the heart

I used a phrase that I had laying around from years ago (I swear I save everything LOL) edged it with walnut stain and adhered with the glue gun
Lastly, this is the great part..... I was looking for some ribbon to add to this piece and while looking through my ribbon box I found this stuff. it's hard and looks like rolled up wood, I'm not sure what it's called or even when or where I bought it but it was perfect! I adhered it around the edges of my piece with the glue gun. 
I love when I'm looking for something and I find something else that is perfect for my project. haha!!

Here is the finished 4x6





I really like the sentiment with this piece because wood really does seem timeless, it gets old but it's always so beautiful, thus, it never seems to grow old. Even the oldest of trees have so much beauty.
Thanks again for stopping by, I hope you have a fantastic day!!
Cya next time.

7 comments:

  1. Love to see the embossed wood background...awesome! Using the outer portion of the dies is brilliant...no waste no way! I love that! Great ATC!!!! Thank you so much for taking a walk with us through the woods this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudine, wow love the way you did this wooden background! Really stunning! I made a spread in my Donna Downey art journal which fitted perfectly for this challenge too. It's a forrest scene with fairies. Should you come over for a visit, please check out my candy, I think you'll like it. Hugs Frea
    http://messymixedmediabyfrea.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Claudine!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I save everything, too - LOL - but I can't seem to put my stuff together as well as you can :) You are so talented ~ Thanks for sharing & now I want to drag out my glassine paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card, Claudine. I like the wood-grained background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really loving this piece, it caught my eye at once! Thank you for the fantastic tutorial as well. Loved seeing how you put this all together. Happy Crafting!

    - May
    Simon Says Stamp & Show

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really lovely sentiment and the thought behind it is wonderful! Beautiful piece of art. Glad you joined us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete