Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

What Makes Me Happy?


Over at my online ATC group we have been doing weekly challenges headed up by a gal named Raeven and for this challenge we had to do a page all about what makes us happy. Not just sorta happy but deep down to your soul happy and to make things even harder, we could not use out Family, children or husband. Well, just throw me off a bridge why don't ya?! haha!! That about sums up what makes me Deeply Happy into the pitt of my soul. 

So I had to think on this one and I came up with a few things that really make me happy and feel peaceful. 
I am entering this journal page into the challenge over at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog - This week they are challenging us to use "Text" on our pages. I used a whole lotta text on this one. 

Not going to do a long tutorial today, I'm in a bit of a time crunch tonight. 
For starters, I used my Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Journal, love this journal and also some Dylusions Sprays. 
I stamped a text stamp from Wendy Vecchi onto my background with Versamark and heat embossed that with Ranger's clear embossing powder. Once that was done I then used two colors and sprayed the entire background.



I love how the text is choppy in some areas and how it resists the spray.
Then I took some stencils and used the ghosting technique with a water spritzer. I also used various stencils and Archival and distress inks for my background.




Loving this background..
I stamped my Girl With a Heart Purse onto another sheet of white cardstock and colored her with markers. I also did this with my Teddy Bear, I then fussy cut them both out.
I used my 3 In A Round stamp but only inked up the circles and not the boys so that I could use just the circles on my page.
(all of these stamps are by artists Jill Penney and Daniel Torrent)
I also added a stencil made from Tim Holtz movers and shapers butterflies and a corrugated card stock butterfly and lastly some washi tape! Fun!

Here are some photos of my finished journal page....






So what makes you happy besides, family, spouses and kids? (I cheated a little and used my husband hehe)
I actually can come up with plenty more things that make me happy. Maybe I will continue this journey and do more pages of just things that make me happy. This was fun.


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal page! Love the image and all that background interest! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you have time to create such lovely projects, but I am so glad that you do! This is really pretty...terrific blues :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as usual Claudine! You are so talented. I subscribe by email so see all of your posts, but rarely comment.

    I have a question on this one though! Who makes the stencil with the long diamond shapes cut out? I LOVE that one! lol I will buy it if I can find it. Could you email me to let me know? melodyscraps@yahoo.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page. Love the colors. Such a great idea to write down all the things that make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page with a lot of texture. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Hope to see you again real soon.
    Warmly-
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Claudine, what a fabulous spread! I love the pictures of your process and how beautifully this turned out! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Stampotique! Best of luck in the draw!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages! Love these colors together! Thanks for joining us at SDC. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great, love it!!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete