Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Time To Go

Well, it is time for us to move again. If you haven't already heard my husband is in the Air Force and after being in Northern Virginia for 4 years, we are being stationed in back to Colorado. 
I felt I needed to make a goodbye card..... (stay tuned, there is a matching pendant at the end you will want to see too!!)



Of course I can't create without joining in on a few challenges, right?
I am entering this into:
Frilly and Funkie Sunday Share - This is an open theme, you just need to use something that you purchased from The Funky Junky Boutique and I am using my wonderful Metallic Distress paint on this one! This shop is owned by another wonderful gal, Linda, so sweet and talented she is.

Simon Says Stamp and Show - The challenge this week is "Favorite Ink", which is super hard to choose just one! WOW! I love them all. However, in the spirit of the challenge, I chose Vintage Photo (I used Evergreen Bough too) hehe!!

Hobby Cutz Challenge - The challenge over there is "More than One fold" I folded mine twice :) so I think it counts 


I started out this by choosing my distress inks, since Vintage Photo is one of my favorites I had to use that and I added Evergreen Bough as well. These two look awesome together.
I swiped a little onto my craft sheet, misted with water and ran my jumbo tag through it, front and back.

I had a vision in mind for this card so I cut a hole in my tag in exactly the spot I needed it. I used Tim Holtz movers and shapers Sized Circles for that. These are great because you can move them around wherever you want them to cut.



I cut out a Mini Globe from card stock and then used the Vintage Photo distress stain again to color it.



I then cut out another mini globe and cut the center part out of it. I used that as a mask in order to stamp

I stamped a Tim Holtz map stamp across the top using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I used my black pitt pen to color in the center and then went over that with glossy accents


I used another Tim stamp from the set "Mixed Media" and Archival Ink to create lines on the front of my card

I used an oval that I cut out using scrap paper as a template and also stamped the inside of my card

I used my Distress Marker in the Vintage Photo color to go around the oval and also added that inside piece from the scrap globe I made.

I used Tim's Envelope  die to make small buttons for the front of my card. I cut these out with grunge paper.

I then used Distress embossing powder in Vintage Photo (of course) to make the buttons have a bit of a grungy look. I inked them a bit with Black Soot Ink as well.
Those were added to the front with brads.



I also did the same with this little hinge and added a few small copper colored flat beads.



I had made the front flower awhile back and it was just sitting there on my craft sheet, it worked great! Sometimes it pays off not to clean up. haha!!
After that was all done I used my Tarnished Brass Distress Paint to go all around my cards edges, it added just the right touch.


I used these three colors of distress paint to color my tag for the inside of my card. Including Vintage Photo of course. :)


So last but not least... I cut small letters from Tim's Typeset
strip die.
Here is my finished project...





I left the inside oval blank so that I could write something there to a friend of mine.







Last but not least, I wanted to show you a matching pendant I made. I bought some ice resin the other day and had an itch to try it out. I decided I wanted a pendant to match this card.
I started by using the same process as before.
I cut a circle using my Spellbinder Die that matches my pendant.

Instead of stamping with distress ink I used Archival since I wanted it to be permanent and not run once I pour in the ice resin. The paper turned out great and matched the card wonderfully.

I then added my embellishments, Mostly Tim's holtz trinkets but some were odds and ends. I made two, just in case, one larger and one smaller. The smaller piece also has a Tim Holtz Sticker Word in it. Lastly, I mixed the resin and poured it in. I'm waiting for that to set now. YAY!! After it's all set I will make a necklace. 


I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial today. Sorry for the long post, I just had more steps to this process. Have a great day!!!




16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Your friend will love it, and you know I love the pendants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my gosh Claudine this is beyond awesome and the tutorial is awesome thank you for sharing and woozers what a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a truly stunning creation! every bit of it is beautiful and inspired. i wish you success with your move, may all go wonderfully well for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Claudine! All the best for the move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card, I really like all the little touches it has. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Fab projects, best of luck with your move and thanks so much for joining our fortnightly challenges over at Hobbycutz

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I absolutely love your card, and I love that you took the time to show us every step to make it... Thank you so much for sharing at Hobbycutz challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! Love all the detail work with the dies and of course that color combo is stunning. The pendants are fab, too. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love your cards and tutorials !! Always feel so inspired and itching to do something creative. Thanks a lot for always sharing your lovely art-work !!!
    Hope your move will go smooth and wothout too much mess.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post totally made me tear up. I am going to miss you!!! Thank goodness for blogging and Facebook. I hope the move is a smooth transition :)

    Your art just gets better and better. I *LOVE* the globe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous, love the colours, the details, everything about it. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your card on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge and it is really awesome! I need to get those large tags. I love how the card opens and your idea to show the globe through the circular opening. Great work. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card!! Fabulous inking and stamping! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As usual your talent inspires me!! Thank you for sharing this with us & I can't WAIT until you get back "home" - I'm waiting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunner!!! You had me at the cut out window to the globe! I love every detail! Vintage Photo is awesome here too, but the globe is just AMAZING!!!! PINNING! And, a really good store in Colorado is in Estes Park if you are close. Thank you for getting inky with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see you won at the Funkie Junkie. Congrats

    ReplyDelete